UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Mccanns

ClazUK

I really worry that if her parents are charged, and the Portuguese police focus on the prosecution, who will be looking for Madeleine? Will the authorities take the view that they're guilty and then not bother searching for her? I hope they're innocent and I still hope Madeleine is alive but I don't think the Portuguese police share my optimism and that could potentially prove costly to Madeleine.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be proven wrong but sadly, I think that although they've yet to prove it they do already strongly believe that Madelaine is dead and her parents guilty of something. Whether that be murder or man slaughter I'm not sure but I can't imagine they would have let these accusations get this far otherwise.

Why any parent, let alone a Dr would give a three year old child sedatives, or how the DNA could come to be in a car hired 25 days after Maddelaines disapearance under the media spotlight I find hard to understand.

According to some of todays papers the DNA was "bodily fluids" but not blood. The McCanns are alleging a fit up & considering having independant tests conducted according to tonights news.

I think it could be some time before the truth comes out but I would hope that once it does, where ever she may be Maddie will at least "come home" where she belongs

of course we do not know what the truth is as yet, but it is possible that two doctors went out with friends, sedated their children to ensure they would not get up to mischief whist they were gone, whist dining away, maybe a child tried to get up from her bed for what ever reason, slipped banged her head cos she was wobbly from the sedation ,and died :unsure: maybe two doctors returned realsied what had happen, realised they could get into trouble, realised their careers would be in ruin, realised they could loose 2 more children, realise two more childrens lives could be ruined, accept that it was not their intention to harm , then do what they could to salvage the situation :unsure: a possibility :unsure: maybe they hid her in the sea, only to salvage her body at a later date to find a better resting place :unsure: a possibility???

dead bodies release bodily fluids, a possibility?

Edited by ruby

of course we do not know what the truth is as yet, but it is possible that two doctors went out with friends, sedated their children to ensure they would not get up to mischief whist they were gone, whist dining away, maybe a child tried to get up from her bed for what ever reason, slipped banged her head cos she was wobbly from the sedation ,and died :unsure: maybe two doctors returned realsied what had happen, realised they could get into trouble, realised their careers would be in ruin, realised they could loose 2 more children, realise two more childrens lives could be ruined, accept that it was not their intention to harm , then do what they could to salvage the situation :unsure: a possibility :unsure: maybe they hid her in the sea, only to salvage her body at a later date to find a better resting place :unsure: a possibility???

dead bodies release bodily fluids, a possibility?

sorry if I am being dense here , how would you hide a body at sea and then recover it ?

I really worry that if her parents are charged, and the Portuguese police focus on the prosecution, who will be looking for Madeleine? Will the authorities take the view that they're guilty and then not bother searching for her? I hope they're innocent and I still hope Madeleine is alive but I don't think the Portuguese police share my optimism and that could potentially prove costly to Madeleine.

The burden of evidence (from what I've read) on the Portuguese police to be able to charge a suspect is so great that if anyone gets charged over Madeleine's "death", it's fair to say they'll have to have a huge amount of evidence that she is in fact dead.

I've never commented on this before because I just didn't know what to make of it, like others I was disgusted that they had left young children alone to go out for a meal but to kill her I don't know, parents have killed their children before so that's nothing new.

The one thing that's bugging me is the hired car with the hair and or dna in it. I would hope the portuguese police have looked at the people who hired the car before the Mccanns, if it wasn't the parents who killed her is it possible that the car had been hired by the person who did abduct her. Someone had to have the car in the previous 25 days.

Terri

I'd love to be proven wrong but sadly, I think that although they've yet to prove it they do already strongly believe that Madelaine is dead and her parents guilty of something. Whether that be murder or man slaughter I'm not sure but I can't imagine they would have let these accusations get this far otherwise.

Read the article posted by madmerle (folllow the link in her post) and it might make you think otherwise. The Portuguese police appear to have conveniently cleared up that child murder hunt. Though failed miserably to find the poor wee childs body. Here is a snippet. "He believes the answer to the case may lie in the disappearance of an eight-year-old Portuguese girl in 2004. Joana Cipriano vanished from a village just seven miles from Praia da Luz, where Madeleine disappeared.

Neither body has been found.

Joana's mother and uncle were jailed for her murder, but five police officers have now been accused of forcing false confessions out of them."

Doesn't give you a lot of faith in the Portuguese police and all their supposed evidence and wild theories does it? And if the childs mum and uncle were not indeed guilty, who was and what a coincidence, 7 miles isn't far from where Maddie disappeared from :unsure:

The one thing that's bugging me is the hired car with the hair and or dna in it. I would hope the portuguese police have looked at the people who hired the car before the Mccanns, if it wasn't the parents who killed her is it possible that the car had been hired by the person who did abduct her. Someone had to have the car in the previous 25 days.

Terri

That's been bugging me too, surely they would check back - or would they - I should imagine it would take quite some time :unsure:

From the BBC website:

The inventor of DNA fingerprinting has offered to act as an expert witness in the Madeleine McCann case.

Sir Alec Jeffreys said DNA matches alone did not establish guilt and all Madeleine's genetic characters would be found in at least one family member.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6992372.stm

Keep meaning to add (and forgetting :wacko: ) that I personally don't think that Madeleine's parents are responsible for her disappearance in any way other than stupidly and unbelievably leaving her and her siblings alone. I often have strong feelings about such things, as others have said, but I don't as far as her parents involvement is concerned - not that it matters a jot what I think of course.

The link makes interesting reading & I would agree warrants investigation. However it would have to be said that the McCanns only appear to have become suspects after British police & sniffer dogs were called in to provide their extra expertise.

I too had wondered about who'd hired the car before but find it hard to believe they would not have checked something so obvious.

It seems the McCanns have hired a new spokesman and he's released a statement talking a lot of sense in my opinion. BBC

According to many of todays papers the case against them in Portugal is in tatters after the judge refused to call any one back to Portugal due to a lack of evidence. I hope that is true and that common sense has prevailed. Now lets hope the Portuguese police re-new their efforts to find Madeleine.

"The focus must now return to Madeleine and move away from the rampant, unfounded and inaccurate speculation.

"The focus must be the child ... the task is simply to find her."

That says it all really doesn't it? :mecry: