UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sniffer Dog Dies In Car

Annie

That's awful :(

It does sound, from reading the story, that the dog would have been ok had someone not shut the boot though - it says it had been left open to allow air to circulate, which wouldn't happen usually - and that they reckon the boot was shut deliberately :(

Edited to add - I wouldn't want to leave my dog in a car with a boot open anyway, if that's what they mean, as it doesn't sound very secure :unsure: Unless it's one of those wire guard things that you can use which provides security and much more ventilation.

I guess maybe someone didn't realise there was a dog in the car and just shut the boot trying to be helpful. They must have CCTV at a prison though, to check?

Poor poor dog, what a horrid way to go :(

How tragic :(

I guess being a sniffer dog the car would have been fitted with cage/guard of some type therefore would have been OK in normal circumstances. That said I wouldn't have left my car where people could do summink like that. I open the boot of mine at dog shows, but wouldn't do it anywhere else.

absolutely horrific.

But what happens next, what is going to be the likely outcome of the Scotland Yard/RSPCA investigation - dont trust anyone in prison !!!! - I could have told you that

Jesus give me a break, the dog handler was distraught, WTF was he or she doing leaving a dog in the car in the first place :mad: :mad:

absolutely horrific.

But what happens next, what is going to be the likely outcome of the Scotland Yard/RSPCA investigation - dont trust anyone in prison !!!! - I could have told you that

Jesus give me a break, the dog handler was distraught, WTF was he or she doing leaving a dog in the car in the first place :mad: :mad:

Sadly I'd have to agree. I don't know whether was a cruel & spiteful against the dog or someone who genuinely thought it had been left open by mistake & they were doing the right thing but if the handler & prison staff think so little of visitors wandering around the place then surely he could have taken the poor dog in with him - especially on such a hot day.

Edited by Ian