UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poppy

Wendbert

Poppyportrait1.jpg

Poppy, my darling girl, you're time here with us was too short, it breaks my heart. I brought you home on the 1st May 2004, a shy, scared girl who knew nothing apart from being bred from repeatedly until you were deemed worthless :( So much was new to you - living in a house, walking on a lead, going in the car but you took your time and you settled in and learnt to live again. You loved to be with me, my little choccie shadow, never leaving my side :wub:

You bonded with Gdog and gained confidence from him, learning that the world didn't have to be such a scary place. We went to shows, we went on walks where you found that other people were kind too, giving you treats when you looked at them with your sad eyes. You shared your home and your love with foster dogs who stayed here when they needed a bed.

I had always thought you would have plenty of years with us, growing old like Gdog, but sadly that wasn't to be. Last year you were diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy and on medication to help your heart. You put up with going to the vets every couple of weeks, taking 14 tablets each day and having fluid drained from your abdomen every month or so.

I knew deep down that I was going to have to say goodbye sooner than I hoped, I knew it was just a matter of time. The vet told me we were looking at months rather than years, and sadly she was right. You were such a sweet and gentle soul you deserved so much more time, but last week the fluid came back so quickly and despite all the tablets, your heart was giving up on you. I knew you were so tired, so worn out, and it was so hard agreeing to let you go. I know you loved me so much, as I did you, and I knew I was the most important person in your life so I had to say one last goodbye and let you be at peace.

In some ways I wish you hadn't given so much of your heart to me, but kept some for yourself to keep your tired body going :mecry:

I couldn't write this before because it hurt too much, getting used to you not being here, not being the first I saw when I woke up and the last I kissed goodnight.

I'm sure that by now Gdog has found you and is at your side once more, watching over us with you until we meet again.

Pic12.jpg

Sleep tight Poppy, my beautiful girl, my gentle choccie angel :wub:

bed5.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic