UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Insight Into The Phone Lines

Trying to type through my tears :mecry: I live with this feeling everyday not being able to take my Paddy + Sky out for a walk for fear of them being taken from me. This is so wrong. DNB you are brilliant, owners wouldn't know were to turn if it wasn't for you. :wub: :GroupHug:

THANKYOU :flowers:

:mecry: :mecry: that has had me in bits!! I cant even begin to imagine how the owners and you guys cope. :GroupHug: This is all absolutely insane!!

Allie , that really needs publishing!! It is so powerful and shows the utter desparation of everyone involved. :(

I am sure that there are many many people out there that dont even know the DDA exists, never mind that this is going on.

My heart breaks for all those that have lost their family members. :mecry:

I really wish this could be published in the popular press. I have cried reading this thread, tears of anger, frustration, sorrow and regret that BSL could do this to people.

However, I know the national press wont do anything with this, it doesn't grab headlines as much as "Dog mauls young child". Lets face it, the press much prefer bad news to good news. Horror stories sell more papers than nice tales.

If you read it carefully, this thread is a horror story, with a couple of "ohhh how nice" bits thrown in.

Sorry if I have a jaundiced view, but the press are so damned one sided when it comes to BSL.

I shouldnt have read that in work...

i am remebering when I first heard the rumours about what was going to happen and posted them. I remember being frightened for my own dogs (they are rotties for anyone that deosnt know). I remember some quarters saying I was scaremongering and that it would all blow over...

I am still scared for my own dogs - BSL is already showing its domino effect in Dublin and there are councils over here watching what happens with an eye to introducing similar rules over here.

DNB is a very worthwhile "project" it has undoubtably helped save dogs lives. Probably also helped save peopels lives - I know how I would feel if anyone took my dogs from me. Whenever I see a news report like the one on the bbc this morning I have to give the dogs a cuddle and reassure them that noone... noone will ever hurt them

I shouldnt have read that in work...

i am remebering when I first heard the rumours about what was going to happen and posted them. I remember being frightened for my own dogs (they are rotties for anyone that deosnt know). I remember some quarters saying I was scaremongering and that it would all blow over...

I am still scared for my own dogs - BSL is already showing its domino effect in Dublin and there are councils over here watching what happens with an eye to introducing similar rules over here.

DNB is a very worthwhile "project" it has undoubtably helped save dogs lives. Probably also helped save peopels lives - I know how I would feel if anyone took my dogs from me. Whenever I see a news report like the one on the bbc this morning I have to give the dogs a cuddle and reassure them that noone... noone will ever hurt them

:GroupHug: for you and Rykat.

I think you statement 'BSL is already showing its domino effect' is something that many who have been trying to fight BSL world wide have been saying all along, it is a domino effect. Actually it is a dog holocaust as it won't stop with our beloved breeds, it will continue. Countries like Italy have already the Corgi and the BC listed, some counties in germany have our own breed the GSD listed and so on.

In 2001 a Pit Bull was shot by german police officers for running scared across a busy road after being dumped by his drunk owner outside the pub. A member of the public was scared and called the police. It took them 6 SHOTS to kill the poor sod. :( This is BSL and this needs to be fought on every level with every legal way we can.

Sorry but owning breeds attacked by BSL supporters myself.

Cindy