UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pet Insurance Recommendations Please

merledogs

I have switched 7 out of my 10 pets to Axa because not only were they the cheapest but the cover is good and they pay out £7k per policy period.

The only ones I haven't switched are Tabitha and Timmy because they are having treatment at the moment and Max because of his pre-existing conditions, though I may end up switching him as well because neither of the conditions are treatable anyway.

Have you ever claimed off AXA ? would just be interested to know as when I claimed for 2,000 for Daisy from M&S they took over three months to cough up and that was after myself and my vet sent them a letter asking if and when they would pay, I wasn't impressed with them at all

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever claimed off AXA ? would just be interested to know as when I claimed for 2,000 for Daisy from M&S they took over three months to cough up and that was after myself and my vet sent them a letter asking if and when they would pay, I wasn't impressed with them at all

Still waiting for M&S to pay for the advertising on Annie's policy. Not exactly something that we relish chasing up either :( . They were very helpful at the time but the exact opposite after the claim actually went in. After explaining the whole story (that was really great having to do that :mad: ) they said they would "expedite" it and blamed the postal strikes.

They fobbed me off with some old flannel too when I phoned, thats why I eventually sent them a letter, that did seem to do the trick as I had payment from them about two weeks after, they fannyed about a bit asking for forms that the vet had already sent them and which would have been deemed as fraud if he had sent a new form as they requested, so luckily he had it on file and sent a copy of the original

I had a look at AXA and think I will probably go with them, I also looked at NFU and found a complaint about them that they insure per year and not per treatment, this poor guy only got about 30 quid of a 250 claim because the dog's treatment went over the policy year complaint

All companies who provide an amount per year work that way. You have to pay an excess for each condition in each policy year.

With cover per condition you only pay one excess.

Have you ever claimed off AXA ?

I have only just taken out the policies, so haven't claimed yet. However, it's the same people who administer M&S policies (although it may be a different section/team).

I have to say though, I have never had any problems with the time it's taken M&S to pay :flowers:

I have just double checked with Axa whether there was a cut-off age at which they would no longer insure your pet and the lady I spoke to said that as long as you keep renewing the policy they will cover your pet for life :)

A real person answered too, I didn't get a recorded message! :ohmy:

Have now had a good look at the paperwork they sent me and am quite impressed with their Customer Service Standards, which state :

If you need to make a claim, our advisor will :

• start the claims procedure moving the day we receive the claim form back from your vet
  • send your payment in settlement of your claim normally within 2 working days, once the claim is approved

• 1 month later...

I am another sad M&S customer with my 2 dogs. Not impressed by the loss of no excess :( Skyes renewal day is tomorrow :yikes: Still in a pickle what to do? Renew or AXA?!!! Ahhhhhh. It doesnt help that she is currently under treatment for a puncture wound. The insurance runs out tomorrow evening and teh she has nothing. Do I stick or do I stay. I used to pay just over £100 each dog now they are wanting £150 for Skye & £50 excess :( Just been on AXA and they quoted only £87

I am another sad M&S customer with my 2 dogs. Not impressed by the loss of no excess :( Skyes renewal day is tomorrow :yikes: Still in a pickle what to do? Renew or AXA?!!! Ahhhhhh. It doesnt help that she is currently under treatment for a puncture wound.

Remember any new insurance company will not cover any existing condition

Remember any new insurance company will not cover any existing condition

Hiya, the condition is a puncture wound from what the vet thinks was a nail she stepped on, during a walk. She has antibiotics for another week so hopefully that will be it. Its not a longterm condition. I am seriously swaying towards leaving m&s

I left M&S with 2 of my dogs. 3 are still their. Now I got the the renewal for Max from petpals and it is similar disgusting.

Theu raised the premiums from 15.99 to 19.99, which is acceptable, but the excess from £40 to £80.

So I rang them and asked why as I never claimed anything for Max and they said recent research showed that BC are very expensive to insure.....

They always find an excuse. So I said I don't want to renew the policy and insured him with Halifax now, where I pay £13.86.

2 days later I got a letter from petpals that they are very sorry to hear that Max has passed away and that they cancel the policy now :wacko:

When my policy premium increased to £783 per annum for what are three non pedigree dogs and the excess increased to £105 for Rufus and £90 for Kleine and Merlyn I took the decision to Cancel my policy with PetPlan and as i could not find anywhere to insure Rufus I chose not to insure any of them with an Insurance company. I now pay £50 per month by standing order into an instant access savings account which, from next year, will pay my innoculations for them. My house Insurance covers public liability.

It's a risk I agree but I have no Credit cards and should an emergency happen OH and I agreed we would get one.