UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Reason For My Doncaster Fugee Thread.

tracey.s

I put a post in non animal chast last week for help from fugees in Doncaster. I needed to collect a dog and didn't want to leave her any longer than necessary. But, due to the horrendous floods up there i was worried i wouldn't be able to get to her. Anyway, after a lovely fugee pm i was assured that area was clear so i set off.

This little lady had been bred by her previous owners and kept as pick of the litter. They then bred her, sold all her puppies, and have now decided at 9 years of age they no longer want her. :angry:

The exact words were.

"she needs brushing. Her coats in a right state but i can't be @rsed with her anymore. She's living in the downstairs toilet cos i don't want the dog hairs round the baby. (3rd child) "i won't be bathing her, i don't want the dog hairs in the bath so, you'll have to sort her out." I asked if she was spayed, vacc'd etc...... "no, waste of money. She had her puppy jabs so she's fine. She is microchipped though. (Asked for paperwork for said chip) "ooh no, i didn't keep that" "She hasn't been walked while i've been pregnant so her nails need clipping as well." :angry:

I got there and was gutted. The toilet door opened and there was the most beautiful face. :mecry: I actually burst into tears. Said sorry, she reminds me of my dog, got her and left. No goodbye for the dog, nothing. They just slammed the door. :mecry:

I honestly get the feeling she was sent here for a reason. I've kept her name as it's soo fitting.

Please say hello to Angel. :wub: :mecry:

013.jpg

You can't see how bad her coat is very well on this one but, so far, 7 carrier bags full of hair and she's still moulting like i've never seen before. :angry:

015.jpg

You can't see how shockingly thin she is either. SHe weighs a mere 22kgs. :(

She's had a vet check and her first vacc, and wormer. I found a nasty lump on her right shoulder while i was grooming her. The vet's pretty sure it's a cyst but, he wants to keep an eye on it. Her eyes are quite cloudy too and she has no muscle on her back end at all. Hopefully with some tlc, proper exercise and decent food, we'll be able to get her right.:wub:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I personally think this lovely looking girl could still find another home if it were necessary it's nice if you want to keep her.

At 22kg I can only assume feeding her properly was considered a waste of money too. Chicken & pasta with some cod liver oil each day helped Joyce rebuild some muscle, build up her legs & put some weight on. Hope Angel is soon back to her best - her last owners obviously didn't deserve her.

Edited by Ian

Oh Tracey you're such an angel yourself. You probably know that actually she can be rehomed as we have taken another from you before today and found her a lovely home. I'm sure you want to keep her though as I remember past discussions. She is a very lucky girl to have found you. I wish you both every happiness. Please keep us updated. I'm sure you will. :GroupHug: :wub:

Oh Tracey you're such an angel yourself. You probably know that actually she can be rehomed as we have taken another from you before today and found her a lovely home. I'm sure you want to keep her though as I remember past discussions. She is a very lucky girl to have found you. I wish you both every happiness. Please keep us updated. I'm sure you will. :GroupHug: :wub:

She's a mixture of Ice, Max, and Hannah all rolled into one. I wish Ice could have met her, They would have got on like a house on fire. :wub: I have this feeling that she was just meant to be.

She spent the first 3 days in the kitchen. She wouldn't come out at all. :( She was obviously so used to being stuck in that toilet she didn't realise the open door meant she could come out. :mecry:

She'll happily stand and let me grrom her which is good. She's really taking some tidying up. She is loving the food we've got her on and will do anything for a pigs ear :laugh:

It's nice to see her coming out of her shell now. She tried climbing on my lap today for a cuddle :laugh: The plastic patio chair complained muchly, and she's started coming to ask for a snuggle now instead of ducking and flinching when you stroke her. :wub: