UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

King Update

heva

So sorry to hear this Heva. It's awful when you don't know what the matter is. Well as you know I have Sheena here who is another one who wants to go upstairs and get on settees etc. If I let her do that she could seriously injure herself. So could King. So I have put things onto the furniture so there is no room and she is unable to get up there. She is confined to one room for her own good and she's an active little collie. She has the added upset that she can't see our other dogs at the moment.

If you're at all unsure of what your vet is saying to you or you feel uneasy with their advice please seek out a 2nd opinion. At a time like this you need to know King is in good hands and will get the correct diagnosis and treatment.

Hoping you get a quick diagnosis and he can be helped easily. Thinking of you both. :GroupHug:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from Heather before, she said king is a bit better today, far from himself, but better than yesterday.

Heather has just got out of hospital and is currently dosed up on painkillers after a dog ran into her leg and nearly broke it :rolleyes:

Yeah king is doing a lil better. Still holding head very low. He hasnt made any attempt to get on furniture which is good. And its raining so he wouldnt walk anyway. Im now on crutches for a while and have big bandage. All thought it was broken but xray said no thank god, just lots of tissue damage. Also one of my old dogs pixie had a stroke while walking her yesterday, she will never get a home now :-( This IS the end of my bad luck or i will lose plot.

To be brutally honest, I think the best thing that heva can do is going by the suggestions of the vet who knows King and who she trusts. If that isn't the vet you're with right now heva, I'd shop around to find one who you feel comfortable with treating King.

I agree with this, even a qualified vet reading something like this on an internet forum could easily give the wrong advice.

Sending healing thoughts for King :GroupHug:

I really am losing the will to live now!

When mum got up and went down (i couldn't go down first as on crutches) heard her say ohhhh nooooo.......bumped down stairs on bump to find a bloody poop mess in kitchen (since day i got king he has NEVER pooped or wee'd in house! so quick call to vet and she said bring him right down!

HE is now off steroids as there not agreeing with him. Had a shot of morphine for pain which has now knocked him for 6 and he is pacing and not knowing what to do with himself...... given him few diff types of liquid meds to calm, his stomach and guts. then rice and chick for today...... poss back in tomorrow for another shot of morphine as his neck is so sore and then back in on monday to think up a new plan! thankfully as its sat mum is off work so took us vets as car is still in work and cant drive for a while anyway!!!! Back now eaten breakfast and had my own pain killers which is knocking me out so the pair of us are going to dope out on sofa bed.........

this has to stop now as i really cant cope any more.........you couldnt write a story this bad!

for muriel to do her stuff....... this is us when we were healthy!!!

kingme.jpg

:GroupHug: I am sorry that the steroids didn't seem to suit King. To counteract these possible side effects with Scampi my vet also prescribed Tagamet which soothes the stomach lining so he had no problems when taking prednisolone which was prescribed for over 3 weeks. Everything X'd for both you and King.

cheers Vee (hope your all ok and my little darlings)

getting a lil worried about him now as not drinking at all really.....so as been feeding him his meds (syringe in mouth) been giving water too......he aint happy but for amount that came out of him over night he really need to put some fluids back in :( at least stomach has settled and has had one small portion of rice and chicken! but he is just pacing and whining not knowing what to do with himself.....morphine has really knocked him weird!

his tail is juts dragging on the floor and he is so depressed!!! :( i hate seeing him like this!

oh boy, you're having a time of it. Thanks for the pic, sending masses to you both. Homeopathic Arnica should help you - helps pain, bruising, etc, etc. Or the arnica cream could help some as long as no skin broken.

Morphine does strange things to people, not surprised it's knocked him for 6. My ex had it after an op and wasn't on the planet - couldn't walk in a straight line, pee, whatever.

took king back in this morning.....has still had poops over weekend (cant spell dihorea?? sp??) sorry. they have kept him in as he is still in alot of pain with neck...... and cant realy give him much else if he was to come home....plus he hasnt been drinking enough so is now quite dehydrated... Im really worried about him now as he just doesnt want to fight anything ... no eating or drinking and just whinning alot. i feel so srry for him! but at least he is in now were they can get fluids in and monitor pain relief!

im still on crutches but able to start putting weight on foot a bit ......ahhh what a week