Cindy Aka Staffymad Has A Secret

Allie No Dots

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fantastic Cindy :flowers: :flowers:

It must have been a very special moment when that dog started to respond :GroupHug:

(It also makes me realise that although I'm a human first aider I would have no idea how to do CPR on a dog!)

When Monty fell in the pond he wasn't breathing when we got him out. I tried blowing in his mouth and pressing his little chest, without any success. Suddenly I remembered watching a tv program where a shepherd was trying to get a lamb to breath, he picked it up with it's hind legs and swung it backwards and forwards. So I picked Monty up by his back legs and swung him backwards and forwards a couple of times, than placed him on the floor, all this muck and mucous came out his mouth and he started to breath again. Sadly we lost him 3 hours later, but, it give us extra time to say good-bye. In times of need I think we would all be surprised what we are capable of doing and I bet Staffymad never thought she would be put in a situation like that when she went out for her walk. :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's fantastic Cindy :flowers: :flowers:

It must have been a very special moment when that dog started to respond :GroupHug:

(It also makes me realise that although I'm a human first aider I would have no idea how to do CPR on a dog!)

Thanks :flowers: I really just did the heart massage and ensure his air ways were clear and his tongue out. It was a scary moment when he started breathing again with body spasm but when he got up only 10 minutes later, I must admit I was just a little bit ok a big bit tearful :) Lynne was a fantastic help too, it wasn't only me who was there :biggrin:

Cindy

Cindy, myself and of course Snatch,Ruby, Todd and the Oldies club twins Bonnie and Penny the little JRTs had gone for a day out at a country park where the walks are really great, We decided on a particular trail through the woods as there are quite a few to choose from. It was very hot and after we crossed a stream and walked around a bend we saw the family in a very distressed state. Our dogs were put on leads for me to hold one handed as my left hand is in plaster at the mo and unusable and Cindy went to help taking our extra water bottles with her. She calmed down the kids got the dog comfortable opening airways and cooling it down with the water and sent the oldest boy off to get help. When the dog stopped breathing she did cpr which after a short time worked and the dog started breathing again. I think the woman must have been so relieved for the help as it was a very frightening situation to be in and she was having to deal with the 3 children and another dog as well.

It was just fate that we decided to go the way we did. I think the family and the poor old dog were so lucky that we decided to go that way , if we hadn't I am sure the dog would have died without Cindys very calm and knowledgable help. The dog was put in the shade to wait for help which arrived very quickly. The lad must have run like the wind and a ranger came in his land rover to get them all back.

If ever I get into trouble with my dogs I would wish to have Cindy around, thats a fact! :biggrin: So a very big pat on the back to you Cindy and I am sure the family will be thanking you and telling their friends how a stranger came to their rescue and saved their much loved dog. Well done, I am very impressed with you :biggrin: :flowers: :flowers: XX