UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sexual Partners

yena

Not havin a dig (honest im on that many painkillers i couldnt figure out how i fi tried....).... but why is there often teh assumption that 'more than one at a time' == 'cheating'...?

As far as i can see theres a few types of relationships....

1/ exclusive, married/life partner, no sharing/swinging/wotever, monogamy expected.

2/ married/life partner sharing/swinging/polyamory accepted within certain personal and mutually acceptable rules.

3/ serious boyfriend/girlfriend but not yet life partner stage, monogamy expected

4/ ditto, polyamory ....

And then there are casual relationships where neither person has committed themselves soley to the other person, in which case as long as no one intentionally decieves the other, there may or may not be other partners.

I am currently in type 2. Cheating is not and will not ever be acceptable regardless of the fact we may choose to sleep with other people, it still has to be honest and open and fall within our 'rules' (no there arent pages and pages of them, theres no handbook or owt lol).

Cheating is cheating, decieving people is wrong, intentionally doing something you know will hurt a person you care about is wrong.

(although if im the 'other woman' call me hypocritical or wotever, its not my problem and i can safely say i do feel thats the same when the boot is on the other foot!, ie when my OH has strayed, its not the other lass's issue..... its between me and him).

Im still on far too many painkillers to be typing.....

*Wobbles off into the night*

Edited by ~Canis-Equus~

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was brought up in an age where you were supposed to be at least engaged before you had sex . I was 16 when I had my first serious relationship and way too young and felt very guilty about having sex even though I was madly in love. The next time I had a serious relaitionship I was 21 and older and wiser and enjoyed it .

I'm 51 and only had 3 previous long term relationships. I met someone a few months ago and it look like it is going to be serious soon. I just want to make sure before I get involved.

I think sex can be bonding and it can cement a relationship. I dont think I could have a long term sexual relationship with no emotions involved.

As has ready been said, each to her or his own , as long as no one gets hurt :wink:

Alison

If it's one for every year of my life, I have a problem. I've lost count, as some people are best forgotten and probably they feel the same way about me. :rolleyes: With same person for 25 years but like Brunzara, I over-compensated earlier on. Probably because I hadn't got anything better to do at the time :unsure:

I agree that people should do as they please as long as everyone is consenting and noone is being deceived.

Personally I'd struggle to rack up any kind of list since there are very few people I actually fancy enough to sleep with them. Going home with someone I barely know isn't something I can really comprehend either. I've never done that and I can't say I'm into the idea at all - it's just not for me.