UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Companion Wanted

Red Rotties

This is a gentleman who I havent seen for 2 weeks, the reason why, he lost his baby aged 18 two weeks ago. He has been to see me this morning. He is desperate for another friend. He has on offer a bungalow with fully fenced garden, three strolls a day and good food and good company. He is realistic in what would suit hm. An older dog that needs somewhere to put its slippers and pipe. It needs to get on with other dogs as all his family owns friendly dogs. He has owned staffs in the past and his last dog was a border terrier x. He lives in Leyland Lancs so would like it to be localish to here.

Any ideas??

Lesley x

How about our Stinky Pete?

real name Pete (Stinky Pete was a character in Toy Story 2)

pete.jpg

Pete is a chubby, small Jack Russell of more mature years, approx 8 eight years old, who has come to Wiccaweys from our friends at Limerick Animal Welfare.

Pete is an extremely friendly, lovable little fellow, who loves to roll over for a good belly-rub from you. He's healthy, happy, and an all round great little man who gets on well with other dogs.

Pete does like his grub, and will have to watch his waistline - or rather his new family will have to. Pete will make a wonderful companion.

How about Elsa in homes wanted. Although she is bigger than he is used to she is such good company, and a couple of gentle walks a day is just what she is after. This is the type of home I was dreaming of for her :wub: Here's her link:

Elsa

It would be worth contacting Liz (domjetcas) on [email protected], as we have several smaller older dogs coming in or newly in foster homes and not on our website yet, so she may be able to suggest a good match.

Good luck, I hope you are able to find your friend the perfect companion :flowers:

Red Rotties, would you mind if I barged in on your thread? :biggrin: Liz is aware of my lady - a very fit 80 year old (Oldies Plug went to a friend of hers) - she has just lost her whippet, desperately wants another older companion for her walks (to quote her 'I don't want a dog that just potters') - she walks through Westonbirt arboretum every day (South Gloucestershire). She wants something smallish with short hair that won't pull her over . I am hoping to homecheck her next week in anticipation that the Oldies Club will have something suitable in soon.

Elaine we do have dogs in that are not on the site yet, but are too far for your lady to travel to visit, she is after something local and more specific, like a whippet, which we do not have in our care.

Red Rotties you hopefully have my number for your friend to ring so lets hope we have something local or close for him to visit and right type available.

Red Rotties, would you mind if I barged in on your thread? :biggrin: Liz is aware of my lady - a very fit 80 year old (Oldies Plug went to a friend of hers) - she has just lost her whippet, desperately wants another older companion for her walks (to quote her 'I don't want a dog that just potters') - she walks through Westonbirt arboretum every day (South Gloucestershire). She wants something smallish with short hair that won't pull her over . I am hoping to homecheck her next week in anticipation that the Oldies Club will have something suitable in soon.

I only know whats on the website but if a greyhound would be of any interest according to their website Many Tears have 10 ex racing dogs between 21 months & 11 years old. They also show a whippet x - though at 6 maybe too young for an 80 year old. http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/

Stella, Staffy, will be the perfect dog for him, she hasn't put a paw wrong since the day she came into my heart and gets on with people and dogs. Last weekend I took her to the Caravan Club National Rally and she went round the trade stands, again she didn't put a paw wrong and met lots of people and dogs. Any rude dogs she ignored and the friendly ones she was happy to say hello. Even when children rushed up to her she was as good as gold.

You will find Stella and picture here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/RDR_Forum/inde...=1261&st=15

Stella is with Rochdale Dog Rescue and even after she goes to her forever home, if for any reason that home is no longer available, she will always be welcome back her because I am going to really miss her but she will suit a home with no or only 1 dog better because of the extra attention she will receive. :flowers:

Edited by Mrs Mop

Elaine - I met an absolutely gorgeous older whippet girl looking for a home at the Longlevens show today. She is with Greyhounds-R-Us and is currently in a foster home in Cirencester - I've PM'd you the contact details.

That is great news Elaine and Fee.

As for the elderly gent Red Rotties put in touch, I have spoken to him and he has advised me he is after a terrier (small) and the lady's house he rang from would be his means of transport so only interested in local area of Lancs.