UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Five Month Old Baby Dies In Car

Kathyw

Link

This happened in Belgium.

31 year old stressed mother dropped her two elder children off at school but forgot to drop the baby at his nursery. She left him in her car outside her workplace for 8 hours. The baby died of dehydration.

Yet again everyone is coming to her defence saying she was stressed out becasue of work and children.

ffs when is someone going to be held responsible for neglect?

If you left your dog in a car and it died because you were stressed out you would be castigated, leave a bay to die - never mind love it wasn't your fault.

Yes it was, that baby was yours and you were supposed to care for him.

I really don't get this sympathy for the parent/parents, what about that poor baby?

Edited by WendyGdog
Link didn't work, but should now

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you forget about your baby? I have been a very stressed mother of a very demanding baby (my son), but I could not have forgotten him.

Poor baby, (and poor mother) :GroupHug:

I have just read the newspaper report via the link and !!!!!!!!!!!!

I do actually have some sympathy for the mother. As someone on another thread said recently - we all make mistakes, but for some the consequences are worse than others. There but for the grace of God....

How absolutely devastating for the poor mother. It's not like she deliberately left the child like Maddie McCann's parents, she made a mistake and she will pay the price for that for the rest of her life. The mind is a funny and powerful thing which none of us will ever truly understand and it does behave in strange ways when we are stressed.

I know I've done stupid things which I've thought afterwards could have had much worse consequences had I not been so lucky.

Poor poor baby, fly free with the angels :GroupHug:

Edited by madmerle

This makes me mad :angry: as others have said, when are people going to be held responsible, yes it must be horrific for the mother and who hasn't done something stupid and it was just blind luck that there weren't more serious consequences, but she was the one who left him, nobody else, she was responsible for her own child, and why on earth did nobody notice a baby in a car all day ? that photo looks as if it was on a pretty busy street, surely someone would have seen him.

I don't get it either. If we're really at the stage of forgetting our babies through "stress", it's time we thought about why the hell we choose to have 3 kids and a full-time job. The mother has a car, her baby's in a nursery - and she works in a laundry. How much of her wage is left after she's paid for child care and car expenses? Think of the money she could have saved by walking her children to school and looking after her baby herself.

What a waste of a little life, and what a horrible end for that poor baby.

Tragic :(

When my sister had her first baby she was so tired that she fell asleep at the wheel and crashed her car - luckily she wasn't hurt. When she returned to work she found that she would be half way through a sentence in a presentation & would completely forget what she was talking about. She would get into a lift & a second later have no idea why she was there. It turned out that her thyroid was out of kilter.

Things are not always as black and white as they seem so I would hate to condemn the mother based on a newspaper report.

Poor, poor baby :GroupHug:

:mecry: I know its not black and white and its HORRIFIC what she must be feeling, but as someone who has been trying to get pregnant for 5 years this year, and lost one at 8 weeks last year, I really do get bitter at things like this :mad: that is a mistake that child will have suffered horrendously for and finally lost its life because of, sorry NO excuse is viable to me :mecry:

Tragic :(

Things are not always as black and white as they seem so I would hate to condemn the mother based on a newspaper report.

Poor, poor baby :GroupHug:

I agree, poor baby yes, but also poor poor Mum :mecry:

Sometimes the lack of compassion people show horrifies me :(