UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Little Tribute To Jaffa My Soul Dog

yogibear

9 yrs ago today i went to my local animal shelter to look for a dog to keep my other dog company.i very sadly started to walk away as i couldnt 1 suitable(except a cavalier which i turned down as i knew she would find a home and sure enough someone reserved her while i was there)i wanted to get a dog nobody wanted.as i was going one of the girls came up to and asked me to look at this dog sitting at the back of the kennels.when she brought her out i fell in love and made the best decision i have ever made and reserved her.it was heart braking to see her she was so thin her bones were sticking out she had sores,her coat was matted,she was bald at the back and she smelt awful.when i got home and bathed her and cut all the matts out she had a lovely orange coat so i called her jaffacake(jaffa)from day 1 we had a special bond and she became my soul dog.we had a wonderful 8 1/2 years until last nov as a lot of you may know i was told she had cancer and she went to the bridge 2 days before christmas :mecry: :mecry: .i will never get over losing her and i still miss her so much.her gotcha day i also made as her birthday so to mark the day i wanted people to see my beautiful girl.i shall always be grateful to that girl who showed me her.

jaffa 4 wks after i got her :( her sores were healed and her coat was growing back

scan0002.jpg

2 mths later

scan0003.jpg

6 mths later in the snow :wub:

scan0002-1.jpg

few fav pics :wub:

94861709e5a614ad11e6ad684749c9b7-1.jpg

PI6DA81.jpg

this was taken 2wks before i was told she had cancer.

Dscn1858.jpg

this pic is special as 1 friday she was very ill and my vet told me to take her home and have the weekend together and bring her back mon and get her ready for the bridge.she woke up sat morn and looked at me as if to say i am not ready to go yet mum and proved it when i took her for a walk :wub:

Picture514.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my beautiful jaffa :wub: hope you are having fun at the bridge.

Thats lovely :flowers: i well remember Jaffa as my own soul mate Celeste also died of cancer and i remember being so sad for you, it's sad when any dog dies but i always feel more of a wrench for the cancer victims :mecry:

Hope your having fun little Jaffa :wub:

Having lost my own dear Jo to lung cancer last November I truly symapthise :GroupHug: . The pictures speak for themselves - you clearly did a remarkable job in those 1st 6 months - and no doubt over the following 8 years. Thankyou for sharing your pictures & memories.

Sleep tight Jaffa.

A lovely tribute to dear Jaffa. I remember you loosing Jaffa as I too lost my soulmate Sam to cancer and know how hard it is to come to terms with loosing them in their middle years of life. My Sam was 9 when he went to rainbow bridge and that will be 4 years ago this August. I still miss him so much to this day, but it does get easier and a bit less painful as time passes. I thought I'd never be able to say that as the first year was awful, I cried so much and missed him so much.

Thinking of you :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Juliex