UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Speying A Pregnant Dog

cheryl33

Where does this come from ??

I've heard the same said many times about singleton pups too.

Merlin was a singleton pup, taken from mum at 5 weeks, for good reasons, and he doesn't have any more behavioural implications then any oher dog I have owned. He is a friendly happy little thing, fine with humans and most other dogs, yes he will retaliate if a larger dog goes for him but he doesn't often start anything.

Most of his bad traits are normal breed traits, terrier/hound, nothing to do with his start or upbringing.

Its certainly true of hand raised foals if they are orphaned

Edited by Trallwm farm

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it very much depends on the handrearer and on the household environment the puppy is reared in, as long as they know they are a dog and have the company and education provided by another dog then being without their natural mother should make no difference at all

This is just what I think. You get out what you put in.

Have to say though that (in theory), any pup born here shouldn't have a hope in hell of being 'normal' if they relied on any of my Krew to teach them! :rolleyes:

Ooops should have added "except for Kaos" who he still hasn't forgiven for the nail clipping episode

But then is Kaos human :bigtongpul:

No Ingrid, not just human :moon:

Merlin loves me really....he's just not keen to admit it

Ooooooooeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr ladies. Is it going to be handbags at dawn :laugh:

You'll wait a long time to see me with a handbag Jackie.......and Ingrid is better known for her cool bags! :biggrin:

:mellow: No really, I couldn't........best put it in the auction :biggrin:

I put it in the last auction. Princess C bought it, but was *kind* enough to let me keep it :angry:

Now if you have the matching shoes..................... she just might be tempted :biggrin:

I could possibly paint a pair of wellies, would that do ?

I put it in the last auction. Princess C bought it, but was *kind* enough to let me keep it :angry:

:ohmy: Nooooooo!

I can't imagine why anyone would do such a thing? :unsure:

I could possibly paint a pair of wellies, would that do ?

I already got sum lufferly wellies - thank you for the thought though :flowers:

Erm guys......what has this got to do with speying a pregnant bitch? :unsure:

( a bitch I may be, but pregnant I most definately am not)!!!! :rolleyes: