UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pooch Is Training Me Well...

Guest Graham W

Guest Graham W

Hi All,

New post, new foster. Just a note to let you all know that Pooch (the sponsored oldie from the web site) has been here since Sunday and has us wrapped around her little finger already. She's had a good explore and is busy teaching us how she wants to be treated, when she'd like her walks, and where she likes to sleep!

She's been and met all the "9.30 crowd" at the local park and made friends with all the other oldies in the area, and given fair warning to the young playful whipper snappers, but in a nice way! She made quite a fuss of a three month old Yorkie Terrier today, and almost looked amused at his tiny size.

On a walkies in Norwich today she allowed a little girl to make quite a fuss of her and looked up at me as if to say "you'd get this too if you were sweet like me!"

Pooch doesn't do toys, and completely ignores them, almost wondering what they're for. She hates dog beds and refuses to go near one, and even a nice rug is walked around. Her place is in the middle of the lounge doorway, and as far as she's concerned we better get used to it!

Tomorrow she's meeting my friends dogs, so that should be pretty revealing. Personally, I think she'll be just fine judging by the reception she gives dogs outdoors. I'll post an update after her first month via the good folk at Oldies Club for the Doggies Diaries.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Graham, Margaret (Pooch's new humans!)

Hi Graham and Margaret, and welcome to the forum :wavey:

Great to get some news on Pooch, I'm glad she's settling in well and is getting you trained (the oldies are very good at this, somehow..... :laugh: ). Looking forward to some updates :flowers:

Hi Graham and Margaret

I spoke to you very briefly the other day about the transport for Pooch. No point in fighting it is there. These Oldies always come in start bossing everyone about and making you fit their routine. :laugh:

Really looking forward to hearing all your updates about her and seeing picces maybe? Thanks for giving your heart to this special girl.

Michelle

x

Hi Graham and Margaret :wavey:

I am glad to hear Pooch is settling in well. It does sound like she has you both wrapped around her little finger already :biggrin:

I hope we can have new pics of this special girl :wub: soon

How lovely to hear that Pooch has a foster home. I too am bossed about by an oldie, Hugo is sixteen and looks a bit like Pooch - see my avatar. He was 14 when I adopted him and is still going strong two years on.

He also soon let me know that he likes routine and his dinner ready promptly!

Pooch may change where she likes to sleep, Hugo currently favours his large cushion bed which he moves around to suit his location. You may find Pooch will take a liking to a dog bed one day, oldies tend to like rectangular, very deep cushiony ones, in my experience, rather than the circular ones.

Can't wait to see more photos and hear more updates on Pooch.

Hello Graham and Margret!

Great to see you here on the Refuge, was lovely meeting you and I was very glad of the cuppa, thankyou so much :biggrin:

Glad to hear that Pooch is settling in well, the second pic of her cheeky face gave me a chuckle, she looks so innocent :rolleyes:

Looking forward to updates and more piccies :wub:

I enjoyed having a little sneeky peek at Tejay's pics too :GroupHug:

Sue: Pooch is quite a lot like Hugo (just a bit rounder :D shhh)

Edited by Ramsey

Guest Graham W

Cheeky she certainly does look. I'd forgotten to mention that she ate your metal transport cage on the journey! Should have taken a pic of the metal carnage as I'm sure nobody would believe us that this little sweetie would do such a thing!

She is a right little attention grabber though. If she goes out for a wee, she will come back and whinge like mad outside the door. And if you go in the loo and not take her too! And in the back of the car. And when she decides she wants walkies. And if you stop in the street to chat with someone. And...