UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Move Over Moo&boo - Not!

Maria

To take my mind off a few things this week,I decided I would at long last, attempt a charcoal drawing of Boysie. Drawing a black dog has long since been my nemesis, after I tried once to do a painting of him :( Attempting paints again is probably a fair way off (for any dog lol), but at last I have a picture I have done of our very special B-dog :wub: (I did one of Smudge last year, again charcoal / white pastel, but haven't been brave enough to attempt one of Boysie until now.). Wendy will hopefully remember the picture as it's the one she painted so brilliantly of him :flowers: (and it's my avatar)

Anyhow, here it is, and I am fairly pleased with it

06-05-2007175407.jpg

So Smudge doesn't feel left out :laughingsmiley:

Her portrait from last year (hers was done on grey paper)

smudge.jpg

Edited by Maria

Aw thanks :blush02:

I don't think I'm that talented - it's taken 4 years of art classes to do these!

I 'cheat' where I can, but I too prefer the Boysie to Smudge one - Smudge I did in one evening of art class, and Boysie has taken me all week - all those intense feelings I've been having this week have gone into his portrait :laughingsmiley: (For those who don't know 2 very large dogs tried to attack Boysie while he was onlead just over a week ago,and I really thought they were going to pull him apart :mecry: I kept twisting and turning until the owner managed to pull them away . I've felt very wary /scared since then walking them, and I've also had bad news about one of my best friends)

This is a lovely hobby for me - if I felt I was consistent enough on dogs (I seem to be happier to do people for some reason :unsure: ) then I would offer portraits to raise funds for rescues. But I don't feel good 'enough' to do that yet. Maybe one day...........

Edited by Maria

Oi! :angry:

:laugh: They're both fab Maria & so are your watercolours, why you don't think you're talented I'll never know :wacko: :flowers: :biggrin:

I worship at the altar of Mooandboo :laughingsmiley:

Wendy, if I was half as talented as your are ( I keep looking at your portrait of Boysie and am always amazed / in awe of what you can do) then I would be well happy.

You are the benchmark I strive to meet one day........ :flowers: