UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Read Me!

Allie No Dots

I know you guys probably realised this but...!lol

Its hot. After a while in the sun i get a bit miffed particually when i seem to be taking a huge increase in calls about dogs that have suddenly and mysteriously turned into aggressive dogs. There doesnt seem any reason at all for the behaviour the owners tell me. They have done what they always do....played in the garden all day and at 2-3 pm suddenly turned :rolleyes:

ITS HOT!

Dogs get hot and miffed too. Between 12-3 dont play fetch for hours on end or take a 10 mile trek, let them inside to cool down, if need be shutting them inside and keep the water topped up.

And here endeth my sermon for today :biggrin: :flowers:

Allie* Who has been in the gardn for hours andis now a bit hot n stressed!lol

Edited by A.L.L.I.E.

My Georgie gets narky when it's too hot so I always make sure he's kept cool, tho he does like to do a bit of sunbathing :rolleyes: Archie loves the heat but he is a happy little boy whatever the weather.

It's amazing how some people don't understand their dogs and their behaviour and generally not be able to put 2 and 2 together :unsure:

Marion

Our back door is open all day and doglets have the choice of in or out, only CB sunbathes and then only for a short time.

Our house is fairly cool but I am getting an air conditioner as last year the animals were very uncomfortable in the heat and the fans didn't help much.

Myself I sit with my feet in a foot bath full of cold water - cools the whole body.

btw I was told many years ago by a vet that if a dog is overheating - never ever put water over their back/head area first.

Put their paws in cold water, one at a time if you have to, then put cold water on their belly and that should cool them down quickly without any danger to them.

Raffles got very hot very quickly, mostly at night. I used to soak a hand towel in very cold water, wring it out and then wrap it round his belly and chest. It always made him more comfortable very quickly.

Edited by Kathyw

Tell Kiera it's hot - she just loves the sun and will sunbathe all day given the chance! And I mean in the full sun! :cool: I do call her inside regularly and/or shut the door so she'll have to stay inside for a while, but every time the door opens she's raring to go out! Mal on the other hand, despite being a Greek dog, can't be asked going outside on his own ever :biggrin:

We went out on Sunday morning, up to Monsal Head in Derbyshire for a walk...well, more of an up hill down dale hike. We left Dyl at home (he'd had an early walk) as he doesn't like long walks, and doesn't like the heat. We were ready to come back home at 11.30 and as we were getting back into the car, two large groups of walkers were just getting ready to go. You can't do any walk round there in less than an hour and a half, and its pretty hard going. They had several dogs with them which were already panting, and guess what? lots of bottles of water for the humans but I didn't see one with a bowl for the dogs. Wonder how many of those dogs were *mysteriously* ill later in the day? There wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was really hot.