UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'm Feeling Sorry For Annie

reds

After Annie's antibiotics finished after her mouth stick injury, her throat went back to relatively normal. Thickening at the time was put down to scar tissue. Sadly last night her throat came up swollen like a tennis ball, literally over the course of a few hours. My Dad took her back this morning and they kept her in to knock her out and have a good look. The injury was actually to her tongue, not the throat as first assumed so that's been cut open more and flushed. They incised the lump on her throat (under chin) from the outside to flush that out as well and in the vet's words, there was a lot of "gunge" :(.

She was, as always, a model patient but she wouldn't look out of place in a horror movie right now. The cut is vertical down her throat and of course has been left open for it to continue to drain over the next 10 days. So she is now 'cut throat Annie' with a slightly red white chest. She is an absolute star and apparently just held her paw up to be shaved and have the drip put in and not a single moan or whimper but tail wagging instead when she was fussed. She didn't want to leave her Dad this morning and my Dad had to leave first bless her. It looks awful and she won't be able to wear a collar for a few weeks but all clean and hopefully that really will be the last of it. And all this from picking up a stick :(

Annie is a tough, non-complaining girl so wouldn't dream of asking for hugs but I think she deserves some so have taken the liberty of posting for her :wub:

Edited by reds

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you :flowers:

Jules, Twiggy (who is meant to be terminally ill) is the fittest of the three at the moment and bounding with energy!! Twig's will now have to be the Head Dog whilst Annie takes some sick leave.

Just need to explain to Annie now about the whole 'house rest' bit :unsure: She is walking around as though nothing has happened! If it was me I can safely say I'd have feinted :rolleyes: