UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unwanted

Trallwm farm

There are 2 rescue spaces available for this dog. The man in the picture is probably no more unpleasant than other tossers i have had to deal with. All he will be bothered about is getting his money.

I know the blue cross centre at thirsk. I have dealt with them before. They, like many other rescues have a waiting list of dogs waiting to come in which was why i asked here.

Jrt experience doesn't come into it. It will simply be a case of making sure he is safe in a crate for transporting. Noone will be taking there own dogs and the usual transporting safety arrangements will be in place. At least with the rescues here he will be safe and assesed properly before being rehomed.

I do appreciate your concerns but, my hubby knows better than to try and tell me i can't go off doing things like this. :laugh: :flowers:

Hi Tracey

Blue cross was just a suggestion as nearest - they can only say yes or no. JRT experience & mention of my 2 was based on the possibility that if I did pick him up & there wasn't a rescue available I'd feel the need to care for him at least until there was - & once he got in the door I probably wouldnt want to send him to kennels. Not sure what the usual transport / safety arrangements are - have never transported a dog yet.

To me however your probably normally nearer home & a source of help if required? As I said if he's getting paid it may all be fine. On the other in this case you don't know who he is where is, where he will want to meet and who'll be with him - if you turn up alone & he's fine he's fine on the other hand if he's a thug who decides he'll have your £100 and the dog, sell it to someone else and turn him into £200 you could then be in the middle of nowhere faced with person or persons who are bigger & stronger than you, with no one to help & no witnesses to say he was ever there - so what are you going to be able to do about it?

I'm not sexist & maybe I didnt word it correctly given that you haven't met me but it's not a matter of me / your / any husband telling you you cant - merely that I don't know any of your situations and I was simply saying that I would be offering a little support if it were my wife and I felt there was even a remote chance it may be needed.

Regards

Ian

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have read this thread through quickly and am not sure I'm following it correctly (apart from that poor dog and the *******) but just wanted to say I'm about 30 mins from Northallerton and am willing to offer help as needed. If someone is already going and is alone. for example, I am willing to go with them.

Preloved upgraded us and have been very helpful.

The message was archived shortly after we all started commenting on it so the dog could be gone but he could just have moved the ad.

He certainly sells dogs at intervals. I would guess he gets them and sells them on as there is no emotion simply a lame excuse.

I would ask only genuine people who are able to work wih us take this forward.

We are only interested in the welfare of the dog.

It may be as well to do this by PM so its not visible