UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unwanted

Trallwm farm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martins raging at the moment Tracey, he thinks that some of the husbands should go and collect the poor little mite and 'pay' the t**t.

Seriously though, if you can get him, we can hold him, we are contacting a couple of rescues now to see if we can get back up.

Have now managed to contact Halfway Home, Val will provide rescue back-up, so if it can be sorted to collect him, he has somewhere to go.

Will contact Margaret now to see if she can help with transport.

If we can get this dog, we need a rescue space for him. I can collect him but i can't hold him here so, he would need moving asap. Can any rescues help?

I'm new to the forums so I dont know if I'm missing something here - I asked above what it was you wanted to do & suggested there was a Blue cross centre 10 miles down the road.

To me if you are suggesting that this guy is given £100 quid from somewhere to be 100% sure that the dog is not dumped (personally i'd say he almost certainly doesnt care about the dog but whilst "safe & healthy" - in his eyes at least - it's £100 to him so I dont think he'll do anything of the sort) then why not ring the blue cross & see if an arrangement can be made for them to house the dog. If so & the muppet wants his £100 then I would have thought he'll probably agree to take the dog the 10 miles himself just to get it.

I'm in East Yorkshire - about 80 miles away - but if the above cant be arranged for some reason and there is no other nearer male volunteer then I would be willing to go - or if you prefer accompany any more JRT experienced female who insists on going - it may be fine if he's getting paid but the photo does not picture a pleasant looking man & so if it were my wife (if I had one) I'd not let her go to meet him alone. I too however would be dubious about just committing blind to take an unknown quantity in at the moment - as Joyce hasn't been here that long & I'd like to get her & Tara well settled / at least meet any other newcomers 1st.

I'm new to the forums so I dont know if I'm missing something here - I asked above what it was you wanted to do & suggested there was a Blue cross centre 10 miles down the road.

To me if you are suggesting that this guy is given £100 quid from somewhere to be 100% sure that the dog is not dumped (personally i'd say he almost certainly doesnt care about the dog but whilst "safe & healthy" - in his eyes at least - it's £100 to him so I dont think he'll do anything of the sort) then why not ring the blue cross & see if an arrangement can be made for them to house the dog. If so & the muppet wants his £100 then I would have thought he'll probably agree to take the dog the 10 miles himself just to get it.

I'm in East Yorkshire - about 80 miles away - but if the above cant be arranged for some reason and there is no other nearer male volunteer then I would be willing to go - or if you prefer accompany any more JRT experienced female who insists on going - it may be fine if he's getting paid but the photo does not picture a pleasant looking man & so if it were my wife (if I had one) I'd not let her go to meet him alone. I too however would be dubious about just committing blind to take an unknown quantity in at the moment - as Joyce hasn't been here that long & I'd like to get her & Tara well settled / at least meet any other newcomers 1st.

I think this man is in Kepwick

Anybody near there?

There are 2 rescue spaces available for this dog. The man in the picture is probably no more unpleasant than other tossers i have had to deal with. All he will be bothered about is getting his money.

I know the blue cross centre at thirsk. I have dealt with them before. They, like many other rescues have a waiting list of dogs waiting to come in which was why i asked here.

Jrt experience doesn't come into it. It will simply be a case of making sure he is safe in a crate for transporting. Noone will be taking there own dogs and the usual transporting safety arrangements will be in place. At least with the rescues here he will be safe and assesed properly before being rehomed.

I do appreciate your concerns but, my hubby knows better than to try and tell me i can't go off doing things like this. :laugh: :flowers:

Edited by tracey.s