UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lizzies Barn Dogs - Do You Have One?

dirtychicken

I've been working closely with Fionna and Lizzies Barn for some time now and swore that my next dog would be a Barn dog, but didn't plan on them arriving for a while as my life and home were already full with Bailey and Bear. Fate, however, had other plans :rolleyes:

When the thread for Flora and Moses first appeared on DP, I fell completely in love with Moses. He was being fostered by poppynvader and her family and, as we went to stay with them 2 weeks ago, I got to meet Moses in the flesh :wub: He was a beautiful boy, but had people coming to see him the following day and it was very apparent how much Jill and her family already loved him. The next day, we went to visit the Barn and I got to meet his beautiful sister Flora :love: I fell head over heels in love. Moses' visitors decided that he wasn't the dog for them and Jill and her family decided that they couldn't let him go. 2 baby bulldogs rehomed in one day - nice going, Fionna :wink:

Anyway, coming to the end of the waffle. Whilst working with Fionna and staying with Jill I have heard sooooooo many stories about the dogs they've had through their doors and have seen pictures of so many sad dogs who'd given up but were then morphed into happy, bouncy babies before leaving for their forever homes :wub: Now I know that a *lot* of these babes have been rehomed to people that have found them online and I would really, really love to see pictures of them and to get updates on how they are doing.

I'll kick off with my pics of my darling Flora Pandora :wub:

Pinkgirl.jpg

Settling with her big brothers :wub:

3babies4.jpg

So come on Barn doggies, where are you? :unsure:

I lost my little Callie, who was from Lizzies Barn, at the end of last year. We don't know her age but suspect she was well in her teens. She was with us for just 20 months, but was such a character - much loved and she'll never be forgotten :wub:

Callie

Callie14.jpg

'Sharing' Molly's bed :rolleyes:

CallieMolly3.jpg

With OH, Molly and Taz

DavidandDogs.jpg

Poppy is my little angel from Lizzies Barn :wub:

With Gdog, not long after she had arrived

Gduck5.jpg

As photographed by the very talented Richard The Sane

Pop2a.jpg

Meeting Bumpy

jake4.jpg

Finding interesting blades of grass

DSCF1870.jpg

Exploring with Bumpy

DSCF1816.jpg

At Westonbirt

birt2.jpg

Poppy, the Anti BSL Campaigner, in Liverpool last month

Liverpool.jpg

I'm a bit :wacko: this evening but will come back in a bit and write what I'm trying to say

Well I've had 5 :mask: dogs from Fionna :mask:

Our first one was Ricky who apparently hated children (or so Fionna had been told)

2005_0816Image0004.jpg

Then Ollie who nobody had EVER enquired about in nearly a year!!

2005_0928Image0044.jpg

Then Red (failed fosterer alert!!!)

2005_1104Image0008.jpg

Then Harry who I found on Freecycle and Fionna said the Barn could take him in. He only lasted there a couple of weeks, then came for a holiday and never left!!

2006_0706Image0029-1.jpg

And most recently Moses

FloranMosesam2.jpg

It could be 6 if you count Harry's daughter, Gypsy who never quite made it to the barn :laugh:

2006_0730Image0004.jpg

Before Harry left his previous owner he'd "got his leg over" the elderly collie who also lived there. We were asked to help out with the 2 pups that resulted. As soon as Gypsy was placed in my arms I knew that I loved her with all my heart.

Fionna took in the other pup who became known as Darcy.

I have :biggrin: :biggrin: , my gorgeous Bertie Boy is from Fionna, love at first sight when I saw him on DP, a 500 mile round trip and he came home to us and Annie my BC. He is now joined by Pumpkin my Toller puppy. I am missing them loads though, we have just got back from holiday but our plane was really delayed so only just got home and couldn't pick them up tonight :( My sofa isn't right without him

He is supposed to be a flyball dog, but in reality he finds it all too much like hard work and most of the time he cannot be bothered :rolleyes: :biggrin: . We have started a new team called the If-its (if it runs it runs, if it doesn't it doesn't :biggrin: ) and he is going to run with them when he wants to, he is just as happy lying in the caravan and having a good run around with all the other dogs.

Untitled-1copy.jpg

f28b9d63.jpg

Bertiecoming.jpg

Bertiechuckit.jpg

bflyball.jpg

ABsea.jpg

Edited by Anniegirl

This is my "L B" baby. Originially known as Xsara and now called Elsa, we collected her on 14th July from Jill (her foster mum) in Wales. and at that time she looked like this....

150706%20036.jpg 10 weeks old

A few months (and lots of raw meat later :biggrin: :biggrin: ) she looked like this....

elsa041006.jpg 5 months old

And now my adorable gentle girl looks like this - I personally think she is the best thing since sliced bread (but I know I'm biased!)

elsa07.JPG taken last month when she was 8 months old

She is incredibly gentle, can be a little feisty sometimes (but cant all us females!! :wink: ) but a more loving, gorgeous sweet hearted girl I will never find. She is one of four dogs - and she is the youngest, gentlest and quietest of them all!!! (and she's DEFINITELY a mummy's girl!!!)

Lynn

xxxx

Edited by StaffieLover