UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

For Melf

Brunzara

The little white one with the eye patch is the only one NOT being moved to rescue. His name is Badger and he has a home. Sorry! :laugh:

Well, when we say he has a home, the owners are keeping him. Clare has (I hope) persuaded them to at least get Mum spayed (they have Mum and Dad) and we will follow up and provide them with a neutering voucher for her.

The male (and puppy when old enough) will take a bit more persuading as the OH doesn't want Dad "mutilating" :wacko:

Well, when we say he has a home, the owners are keeping him. Clare has (I hope) persuaded them to at least get Mum spayed (they have Mum and Dad) and we will follow up and provide them with a neutering voucher for her.

The male (and puppy when old enough) will take a bit more persuading as the OH doesn't want Dad "mutilating" :wacko:

Just to add:

Mum is definitely being done, and a voucher has been provided. It's the Dad I'm having to work on. I've given as much health info as I can, and suggested they speak to their vet instead of listening to friends who say it'll ruin the dog. They have all our contact details, an info pack etc, so fingers crossed.

Worringly the owner has not been contactable all day (mobile switched off) despite knowing they'd be getting a call to arrange the details for transport for the morning (which has now had to be cancelled due to lack of contact and bad weather).

Please keep your fingers crossed it's just a glich!

Thankfully it was just a glich, and today my son Ben and I had real pleasure of taking 2 of the 8 pups to rescue. Apparently though I'm an evil Mum because I wouldn't let him keep one :rolleyes:

Scrappy and Scooby were little gems in the car. More scared than anything I think, but they settled down in the crate and slept most of the way, with little yelps every so often as they dreamt. On arrival at rescue we were met by Ruth, and one of the chaps, who were both oohing over how gogeous they are.

Both puppies were very nervous, and had just been very sick moments before pulling up. I lifted Scrappy out, and she was shaking. Cuddled her for a moment and handed her to Ruth. Lifted Scooby out and the poor little boy was petrified. He curled his legs around my arm and refused to let go. His grip was really firm, and he clung on for dear ife. I carried him into the office while Ruth took Scrappy, shivering. This big scary world must have seemed so huge and cold to them after a warm cosy house and their Mum and siblings to snuggle up with. I felt quite cruel leaving them, but I know they'll get lots of fuss and be well looked after before finding perfect homes. They've gone into a small kennel together, so they'll have each other for now.

I did take a photo of Scooby, but Scrappy looked so scared I didn't want to have her pulled about any more.

Scooby on my Ben's lap:

Scooby-Doo2.jpg

:wub: