UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For Jess Please....

Tempest

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Ruby is a Lab and when she was a puppy - about 10 weeks or so - she had an accident and damaged her front leg at the elbow. She has scar tissue around it so it feels 'thicker' than her other front leg. To cut long story short, our Vet referred her for X-Rays etc and a 2nd opinion to another Vet who had expertise in this area and they said to basically leave all as it was as she wasn't in pain. We were advised in later years she may need treatment

So, fast forward a few years and we noticed that certainly after vigorous exercise Rubes would limp. So we were careful etc, let her rest and tried not to overdo it (as best you can with a Lab :rolleyes: ).

For the last few months she has been taking Synoquin (see here http://www.synoquin.com/ ). There is a section in the FAQ that refers to reasons why Rimadyl may be given initally to aleviate immediate pain.

Don't know if that helps or makes you more concerned :err:

I hope she'll be ok :)

All my dogs have had rimadyl for one injury or another and have never suffered any ill effects so i wouldnt worry too much, particularly as it is quite a low dosage.

Although 50 mins is a long time to wait it sounds like she had been thrown into the deep end, and was probably struggling a bit trying to get to grips with everything.

Hope jess gets better soon!

Just a quick update........

There's no great change at the mo - Jess is still limping but she is bearing weight on the leg and moving around the house and garden without too many probs - which is hopefully a good sign. :)

She's back at the vets on Friday now as I've changed her appointment so she sees my regular vet rather than the locum :biggrin:

Just back from the vets with some very good news :biggrin:

We saw our regular vet today and he was fantastic Did a really thorough exam of Jess and said he's 99.9% sure that's its a tendon injury (tendonitis I think he said) and that it's the equivalent of tennis elbow in humans.

He said that in his opinion nothing like OCD would show up on her xrays so at this point he doesn't think it would be worthwile x-raying her.

Basically treatment is rest rest and more rest and she's been given some more rimadyl as an anti-inflamatory.

So hopefully it's good news (well apart from telling Jess she needs more rest that is :laugh: )

One thing that I have noticed actually is how reluctant Ollie has been on his walks without Jess - he keeps hanging back when he's off lead and not wanting to walk at all so I think he's really missed her too bless him :wub: