UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For Jess Please....

Tempest

Jess was jumping around like a loon at the weekend and I heard her yelp and she was limping on her left front leg :( She after about an hour she was putting her weight on it and running around as normal and I rang the vet and they said to give her a rest from walking over the weekend and see how she was today :unsure:

She's been fine in general and running around like a loon but she still keeps having the odd limp and going back to her bed to rest which is very unlike her so I've booked her in at the vets for 5.30 today to get checked over - so any good thoughts would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

I'm hoping it's just a sprain as she is generally walking fine and even running in the garden but I just know it's not quite right so it make sense to get it checked over :rolleyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we're back from the vets and I'm a bit hacked off really :(

We had to wait 50 mins for our appointment as they were running late and Jess was getting quite stressed out :( I always make a point of not letting Jess say hello to other dogs at the vets in case they're poorly and a guy came out of the waiting room and his dog stuck his nose in Jess' face and then started hacking its guts up and he said to the receptionist that the vet said she had KC :(

I spoke to the vet nurse afterwards as I was concerned that he'd been in close contact with Jess and she said they do normally take dogs with KC out the back to leave but that the locum vet couldn't have realised :(

Anyway I didn't particularly like the locum vet but presumably she was running late and feeling harrassed :( Basically Jess had got a problem with her elbow and her temp is slightly up (which she thinks could be due to an infection or the pain).

She's given her an injection of anti-inflamatories and also one of painkillers and presribed her pill form of the same too - which I'm to start from tomorrow and she has to go back thursday and if it's no better than x-rays :(

One of the drugs she's been given is Rimadyl which I'm sure I've heard bad things about so would be interested in any feedback on that?

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/pets-and-animals/r...rprofen/382152/

http://www.activexamerica.com/article-detail.php?ID=131

http://www.pet-grub.com/pet-health/rimadyl.pets

She should have tested your dog before giving out Rimadyl.

Watch out for any stomach upset, hopefully there won't be any, but if there is talk to vet and consider stopping them.

Homeopathic Arnica 30c is great for injuries, sprains etc, - one three times daily for a few days or till better.

Reiki if she wants it.

One of the drugs she's been given is Rimadyl which I'm sure I've heard bad things about so would be interested in any feedback on that?

sorry to hear Jess is poorly :( :GroupHug:

What dose of Rymadil has Jess been given? Bumpy has 1/2 a 50mg tablet per day to keep his eye pain/inflammation free and he's been on that for a week now. Prior to that it was 50mg per day, for a couple of months and he had no ill effects whatsoever :) Poppy2 who was here was initially on 100mg per day, again no side effects. I know longer term there can be problems, but I've not had any problems at all with it :flowers:

Rymadil is common for sprain/pain type injuries as it works on the inflammation and eases pain and I *think* the max dose is 10mg per Kg of dog weight, so seeing as most doses are well below that, I'm sure Jess will be fine, especially as she is fit and healthy otherwise :GroupHug: