UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Spare As Many Healing Thoughts As You Can

tracey.s

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are amazing. :mecry:

The house feels bloody awful. :( Everytime i walk past his bed i fill up. But, i don't want to put it away :mecry: The postman came after i got home and i didn't know he'd been because max wasn't here to tell me. :mecry: I think Ice is missing him too. He keeps sighing and looks fed up. I can't beleive one dog could make such an impact in such a short time. But he did. From the minute he got here i knew he would be with us until his last day. I just never imagined it would be so soon. People have said to me today that he had a good life the short while he was here. He was loved, he had his own bed, and his own sofa :rolleyes: Three meals a day and as many cuddles as he wanted. But it just wasn't enough. When it came down to it, i couldn't take away his pain :mecry:

Sleep tight my big man. I love you :wub:

101_0872.jpg

Sometimes love just isn't enough, as much as I loved my Tessa I couldn't stop her being ill or take her tumor away :mecry:

Night night Max :wub: :mecry:

I hope you get to meet my Tessa at the bridge, I know she'd love you, run free in the rabbit filled fields at the bridge sweet Max :wub:

Tracy, if he stopped eating and drinking there was nothing more you could do. Dragging it out after they stop eating is utterly futile. You have been the bestest mummy in the world for him and he knew that :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

This is so true as we found out last year.

So, so sorry Tracy. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Oh Tracey, just caught up with this, so sorry you had to go through such a sad time, it's never easy to lose one you leave or make that fateful decision to let them go, I hope the poem below that I found will give you some comfort in knowing you did the right thing :flowers:

Message From Valhalla

You were with me to the very end and even after I had "gone" you held me, and as my soul left my body and I looked down and saw you crying, I wanted so much to tell you that I understood. You did this for me.

I tried to tell you in my own way that it was time for me to leave, and I thank you for understanding. No other will take my place, but those I left behind will need your love and affection as I have had.

You still think of me, and there are times you try to hide your tear-filled eyes....but please...be happy and think not of sadness, but of how I made you happy and made you laugh at the funny and smart things I did.

There are no fences in Valhalla, for no one has the desire to "dig out".

There are no thunderstorms in Valhalla, therefore fear is never present.

There are no fights in Valhalla. Everyone is congenial.

There is no hunger. There is no thirst. There is much to explore. Many of us who are older take care of the little ones and guide them. It's fun watching them run with their ears flopping and their curly tails wagging.

We have four seasons in Valhalla, and most of us agree, winter is our favorite.

So you see, my loved one, I am very happy...

When it comes time for my friends to leave, I will meet them at the gates of Valhalla, and I will acquaint them with this beautiful and serene place, and I will take care of them for you.

Thank you for loving me, caring for me, and having the courage to let me go with dignity.