UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hydrotherapy V Not Vaccinating.

bebe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bebe, can you mix some rescue remedy with water and put it in a small spray bottle, take it with you and spray it around Ty while she's in the pool? The lady who runs the place Bumpy went to sprays RR around the dogs while they are in the pool to calm nervous or worried dogs :flowers:

Sorry not to reply earlier, Ive had no keyboard so could only read and not type, its been a nightmare! :rolleyes:

Thankyou Kathy, if you ever are a stray, you are very welcome here :biggrin:

Wendy, I took a dap spray with me today, they usually work here but didnt seem to do anything for Ty today. She hated it again :( She shook from head to toe as soon as we pulled up and she saw where we were, and screamed :ohmy: , literally, she screams like a little child, it doesnt sound like a dog at all, it was so bad a worker in the next unit to the hydro place came out to have a look!

She was hyper-ventilating, panting, it was horrible.

She didnt settle into it at all, and after 2 minutes John said thats enough, she was too stressed.

I really thought she would be a bit better this time, Ive been keeping her really calm, doing tons and tons of TTouch (with no keyboard to post on here, Ive had twitchy fingers, so used the time to work on Ty), I havnt walked her, I havnt even played fetch with her in the garden because it seems to make her hyper and gets her into a frenzy, everything we,ve done this last 4 days has been chilled-out and slooooow, and its worked here, shes very laid back and sleepy and much calmer. So to see her react like that again was horrible.

Im going to take her again in a few days time, then maybe once more after that, but if she stays this scared then Im not going to put her through it anymore, Id rather her be a little over-weight than scared out of her mind like that. :(

oh dear :(

How about simply driving up to the place, sitting in the car park and going away, then another time drive up, get out and walk around the car park, get back in car and go away, then get John to come out and say hello next time, then actually go in the door, and go away.................. baby, baby steps. May take weeks before you put her in the pool again, but may just work?

Lots of Rock Rose, Mimulus, Aspen and Star of Bethlehem too.

Did you get the animal healing CD? If so, maybe play it all the way there and see if they can play it in there too.

(((((hugs)))))

Edited by Muriel