UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Orla STOLEN black lab puppy - Devon

Guest labradorsmum

Guest labradorsmum

Posted for the owner

Orla is a 4 month old little black lab girl....this is her story.

The owner of Orla and Bess ( 15 yr old lady ) was mid train journey at St David' station, Exeter when he was mugged, beaten and left for dead on New Years Eve.

They then stole his dogs ! His dogs are his life.

The owner spent 6 days in the area searching for them. Eventually the police gave a crime number. But nothing is being done to find the dogs.

Two days ago he got a call that the police had found Bess on Exmouth beach 4 days earlier and taken her to kennels.

No one contacted the owner. It was the local dog warden who researched this dog and found him. Thank you Wendy.

Orla is still missing. This is a poor 4 mth old girl. It is known she is being used as a begging prop.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE IN EXETER OR NEARBY TOWNS LOOK ON THEIR HIGH STREETS FOR THIS POOR GIRL - LOOK AT HER RIGHT EAR. ' V ' NIC AT TOP.

There are other details re identification, call for info should you see her.

She could be in any local town, Exeter, Exmouth, Barnstaple, Plymouth etc unlikely to be out of Devon.

Phone: 07867791019 or 0870 3834507 or contact me

OMG how awful.

I am near Plymouth and have relatives in Barnstaple and Okehampton, will see what I can see and get them to keep an eye out. Is it likely that Orla is also in the Exmouth area? Do you think she has been dumped or sold on?

What about contacting the Western Morning News, they cover that whole area?

How bl**dy horrible :(

If she's being used as a "begging prop" what about contacting the Big Issue office for that area? They might have advice/suggestions?

I'd be very tempted to get some "imposing" friends together and trawl the areas until I found the poor thing, if the police aren't going to help. I really hope they get her back.

Guest labradorsmum

Hi Cycas

Orla has NOT been dumped, feel Bess was dumped because of her age and condition. Now whether she wandered onto the beach or tripped over a cliff for example we don't know. ....

If Orla has been sold it will just be within the same group of people. It is highly unlikely she has or indeed will leave the area.

Yes she could still be in Exmouth, wherever she is , she will more than likely be found on a rug in a high street of a Devon town.

....and how ironic is this....I live near Barnstaple and have relatives just outside Plymouth :rolleyes:

All papers and TV have been contacted today any of our members in any of these areas have been emailed to alert them for when they go shopping etc....

Hi Ange

As far as big issue sellars, this may not be as simple as you might think sadly :(

But I agree....inviting some ' friends ' to walk the streets seems a good idea to me. No the police can't / won't help......say not enough resources to ' just look for a dog '

I am livid :angry:

Hi Ange

As far as big issue sellars, this may not be as simple as you might think sadly :(

I wasn't suggesting the people that have the dog are BI sellers, more that perhaps they might have more contact/affinity with people begging in that area than say the police or the average dog owner?

Is the v the only method of identification, or is she also microchipped? only putting a v in the ear is a common way for a breeder to identify a pup which has been picked out of a litter as sold, to be collected later, they did it with a dobe I had many years ago. I know its easy when chatting to a beggar to fondle his dog, I do it all the time, but if you suddenly grab it up saying *this is stolen!* and it turns out not to be...you could be in trouble, not to mention probably getting a smack in the mouth from the beggar for trying to nick his dog.

Guest labradorsmum

Hi Selina

I know Ivybridge very well, visit there every 2 weeks or so.... :D

As for the nic in the ear, the point Suzeanna highlights is very valid......as most beggars do treasure their dogs which are often fed better than themselves. The nic i actually a clear injury rather than a breeders nic....

Orla's story is getting more complicated by the minute and certainly wouldn't suggest anyone approached a beggar with the ' your dog is stolen ' idea.....is more a case of easy gently bently... ;)

ID, by the nic then call. Tis unlikely they will move out of that area once spotted which allows time to get someone there.

Is just finding the town she is in, then it should be easy :D

Guest labradorsmum
No news on Orla yet?

Have been handing on the description to everyone I can think of round here and got them all to put the numbers on their phones so they can call in if they see anything likely.

Hi not really, but sort off :rolleyes:

There is a possible area now and will be checking this out......

Will PM

Has anyone got the right link to a pic of Orla I can print? I couldn't find her on Doglost yesterday, just the logo...

My shop is in Exmouth and I live in Exeter so it might help if I could print posters. Is it worth asking around or will it make Orla more likely to be hidden? I will check all the dogs I see in town on my days off next week :GroupHug:

Oh my goodness, this is awfully sad. I live in Exmouth and my husband works at Exeter Uni so will ask him to look out for her when he's out and about :( My brother lives in Plymouth so will ask him to look, and will also ask friends in the Devon area to look too.

Edited by Cass