UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

Poor Trooper is lame and on Bute so no riding him for a while though he was happily grazing in one of the fields next to the school today :wub:

Yesterday rode Boysie, there was a Pony Club test on so quite a few horses passed by along the school which made Boysie a tad unsettled, then thought he could just tank off when I asked for canter :rolleyes:

He is so strong on the forehand but I need to sit deep with plenty of leg and not let him pull me forward and unbalanced. Instructor said he can work in a nice outline, just needs a little encouraging. As it was so warm and dusty we finished off with a hack and plod through the water jump.

Today on Boysie again, thankfully more settled, did trot and canter poles and a little bit of jumping up and down the mound.

Awwww poor Milo, hope the chiro man can make him feel more comfortable, great piccie of him, looks a big jump :ohmy:

Good luck for the dressage tomorrow Clare, im sure you’ll do great. Hope Blue and Lokis legs are ok now.

Jeanne walk to canter is good, better when you want it and not just the horse :laugh:

Shetlands are such little characters, saw a couple were taken from Toome Horse Fair and are now happy at Crosskennan Lane Animal Sanctuary :wub:

Aww hope Tooper is feeling better soon and back in work :flowers:

I thought you said you had jumped :ohmy: didn't notice the bank bit at first :laugh:

We did prelim 13 - not very well as it turns out :D I didn't appreciate how rusty I would be having not done a test since Sept and not on grass for two years. We got 63% and were saved by getting a couple of 8s which evened out the 5s :blush02: I rode badly and especially for our nemisis of left canter transition, but hopefully it will sharpen us up for next weekend which was the aim of the day and I definately needed it!

For your amusement

Turns out not just rider is rusty camera man was caught napping too :laugh:

Well done Clare :flowers: Loki always looks so graceful. I love his trot :wub:

Ive just had a text from my YO to say Milo is spooking really badly in the wind (shes watching him out of her living room window :laugh: ). Bearing in mind hes clearly already got something wrong with him and has got the chiro tomorrow i think i'll go down a bit later and check on him - if hes still going nuts I might be tempted to stable him overnight to avoid any more damage :unsure:

Clare I’d have a :ohmy: face if we had jumped too :laugh:

Looking good in the test :wink: im amazed how you remember it all, think I’d go to pieces and mess up.

Hope Milo has settled and can stay outdoors.

Gooster trailer looks real smart, fingers crossed its yours soon :)

Here just wondering what hats you all wear?

I have a Charles Owen atm though its taken a couple of little knocks and thought I might be better replacing it, like the look of the JTE Sprint Extreme.