UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

oh Loki you cheeky thing. Trying to persuade your mum that nothing fitted no doubt.

Well after a good weekend - this weekend is naff. As instructed I left a note for owner explaining what I could do this weekend as I have to work Fri, Sat & Sun. The only times I need help are getting in Friday and turning out Sat am. So went up this morning to find they have changed the locks on the yard :wacko: Luckily maintenance man was there and I could get in. Was accosted by his 3 dogs who all jumped up and left me filthy. Yard rule - no dogs allowed!!! Went to Dexters stable empty. Stable clean :wacko: Went to the field he was in last week. Empty. Found him in another field. Came home and left a message asking O to contact me to explain what is going on as went up there on a wasted journey. So if no one goes up this evening he will be out all night as am working til 8pm and not allowed up the fields in the dark. Havent heard from her. :mad:

Highlight Going to Canada western riding which got me back on a horse. Finding Dexter.

Lowlight Coping with Dexters owner and yard politics

2008 Becoming horseless :mecry:

I had a grooming session with Wanda yesterday, I can't do much but just touching her is lovely. She was so gentle and was almost kissing me and I could hug her and just breathe that lovely horsey smell. I had to have a shower when I got home because I'd been rubbing my head on her neck and my hair was distinctly Wanda ish. :biggrin: I'm going to alternate taking the dogs out and grooming Wanda as I can't manage both in one day, the dogs don't seem to mind fortunately!

We are having a trip out to Derby House soon, Wanda has found a few things in the catalogue she can't possibly live without so a spending session is on the cards! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and all the horses got super pressies!

Have just had the vet out to Feniks :( We went to get him in from the field this afternoon and Darryl said that he had a cut. When I went up to him I noticed he had a cut by his eye. Put his headcollar on and led him over to the yard whilst phoning my friend Michelle. She came straight to the yard and said it definately needed a stitch so I called the vet. Christina sedated him cleaned him up and put three stitches in. He had antibiotic and anti inflammatory injections, and now has bute for four days.

While he was sedated, he was snoring like and old man and dribbling down Michelle's leg :wub:

Just come home to have something to eat then will be going back up to check on him.

Oh no poor Feniks, hope he feels better soon :GroupHug:

Aww Pendlewitch glad you had some quality time with Wanda :flowers: , did you have your scan, any hope of getting your knee sorted soon?

I was really enjoying being able to ride again, and I almost managed seven days riding in a row, so obviously Loki decided enough was enough, and I got to the yard this morning to find he has managed to split his lip in his stable, a nice piece of skin flapping in the wind :sick01: I think it looks worse than it is, and he hasn't gone through to the inside, so keeping it clean and keeping a close eye on it, he is still happy to eat so can't be too bad.

How on earth he has managed it I don't know :wacko: Bleedin horses :rolleyes:

Bleedin horses :rolleyes:

I'll second that Clare :rolleyes:

Just been to check on him and gave him his dinner. Stayed and watched him eat, so peaceful. He isn't opening his eye fully, it must be really sore. The vet checked the eye and said it is ok though. He must have a real shiner of a black eye.

Poor Fenriks and Loki :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Well, I've finally been able to get back on Blue :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Rode him on Thursday (after lunging him first), and just walked and trotted him round the school - am still aching now :laugh: We went to a dressage show yesterday and took Blue along as well, after Kath had ridden Apple's classes, she rode Blue in the warm up arena. She said he felt like an unexploded bomb, but he didn't actually do anything :wub: Soooo, I'm hopefully going to ride him tomorrow (if I'm feeling brave - as last time I rode without anyone there, I fell off :unsure: ), and if I'm feeling wimpy, I'll just lunge him again :)

hello! nice to hear peoples news - hope everyone and their horseys had good christmas.

I have decided not to take tiffany on full loan - i just cant afford it. I maybe could just about at a push but then i wouldnt be able to afford any unexpected expenses like vet bills etc and i dont want to be so short of cash all the time when i still have credit cards to pay off from uni. At the moment i cant even see how i can afford to keep sharing her :-(

Have been at home for a week or so and went up to stable where i used to work for a ride. So nice to see all the ponies and horses again. Took one of the ponies out for a ride. They are trying to sell him as he's very naughty with kids and either refuses to do anything or bites/kicks etc but he was so much fun out on the ride - no stopping him!

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Edited by phoenix21

Looks like you had a great time - don't you just love getting a faceful of mud!!!

Shame you can't take Tiffany on full loan though :(

Am still debating whether or not to ride the monster tonight - I'll probably lunge him with his tack on and see what kind of mood he is in :rolleyes: