UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Horse Update / Pic Thread

Clare

So is it normal to be less nervous on a hack instead of the school?

Probably not - but I am!!!! :biggrin:

Much happier hacking than in the school.

Glad you had a nice hack - cantering - you can't be that nervous!!! :biggrin:

Angel & Phoenix - you can kiss good bye to any money or spare time once you get your own!

So is it normal to be less nervous on a hack instead of the school? I went on a lovely hack today, just the three people inc ride leader, lovely route up the Downs and through some woods. It was such a nice sunny day, perfect riding weather.

I was on Lily (the grey pictured previously) who, in the school, has a bad habit of pulling her head down sharply, on the hack she didn't do it at all and we did some nice trots and canters. I felt less nervous cantering in the woods than I did in the school, I'm not sure that it's because I didn't have to worry about corners etc, but hey there you go. :flowers:

Well done!!! :flowers: And yes I love hacking and nothing Kane does (except bolting) fazes me!! In a school I become a nervous wreak...and quiet honestly get bored within minutes and usually give up and go into the big field and have a canter with the sheep instead!!! :laugh:

Everyone sounds like they've had a brilliant long weekend! Milliesmum..you are so brave, your 'friend' sounds like a twonk!

Clare Loki does look thin, but he's been under such alot of stress, I'm sure he'll be fine...the best medicine is a big field, and his mates!

Had an interesting weekend, spend alot of time with the dogs, so Kanes been abit neglected. I've only ridden a couple of times and that was round the land by myself...which is actually quiet an achievement cos he didn't nap (well once but that was my fault for asking for a canter towards his field!). Anyway...decided as we had lice last week we'd give all the horses a full cut and blow dry!!! Cut a long story short...got Indy nearly finished and for some reason she had a panic attack, dragged me along a gravel path (think back to school and cut palms and knees with gravel it it!!! :ohmy: ), then ran into poor Fred who was tied to a gate and knocked him flying so he cut his little pink nose!!! Luckily she couldn't get out the yard and she calmed down quickly but I'm now sporting the most fantasic bruises!! She looks great though!!!! :laugh:

Had an interesting weekend, spend alot of time with the dogs, so Kanes been abit neglected. I've only ridden a couple of times and that was round the land by myself...which is actually quiet an achievement cos he didn't nap (well once but that was my fault for asking for a canter towards his field!). Anyway...decided as we had lice last week we'd give all the horses a full cut and blow dry!!! Cut a long story short...got Indy nearly finished and for some reason she had a panic attack, dragged me along a gravel path (think back to school and cut palms and knees with gravel it it!!! :ohmy: ), then ran into poor Fred who was tied to a gate and knocked him flying so he cut his little pink nose!!! Luckily she couldn't get out the yard and she calmed down quickly but I'm now sporting the most fantasic bruises!! She looks great though!!!! :laugh:

...and the pics are....WHERE???!!! :angry: :wink:

Ouch Jacky that sounds painful, hope your not too sore this morning :flowers:

Glad you enjoyed your hack San :biggrin:

Vets just called to say they want to keep Loki in for longer as today they want to x-ray again. I ermm wasn't too happy with them and asked her to go away and see if they can managed to x-ray this morning, so I can collect him this evening if nothing comes to light on the x-rays that changes their plans for him.

It is my fault I have got it in my mind he is coming home today and the thought he is not :mecry: . On a more practicle view, I can have time off today but for the rest of the week it is going to be difficult, my boss has been very understanding but I am pushing it now :unsure:

I just want to bring him home :mecry:

I'm sorry...I promise I will get some photo's I'm just useless at the moment!!!

Oh Clare I'm so sorry, I hope they can sort it out to do the x-ray this morning! I know how frustrating it must be for you. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: He's such a lucky boy to have a mum that loves him so much.

Very happy for you Clare that Loki is home :biggrin:

I know that feeling, Jacky; Frant once dragged me and half a fence across the yard and I couldn't let go of him because he'd have panicked even more! I had bruises for weeks afterwards. Hope yours aren't too sore :GroupHug:

Finn is doing really well. Sarah & Sue hacked Frant & Finn today and Finn proved his soundness in traffic by coping with some seriously big lorries :wub: Onwards & upwards!

Oooh Oooh Oooh - I had my first proper lesson on Rolo last night - I was a tad nervous, but he was a very good boy.

I cantered on both reins - even his dodgy left one (first time) - although that was accompanied by a squeak from me as I thought he was going to buck :rolleyes:

I did look like I had never sat on a horse before! perfect leg position at halt, but everything went to pot when we moved :laugh: My hands were all over the place and my poor little chap must have been very confused!

Never mind, I laughed a lot and felt very relaxed by the end of it, so I am sure we will get there :)

So glad Loki is home Clare - I am sure he will improve much faster in familiar surroundings, being cared for by his Mum. :)

Sounds a bit painful Jacky - hope you have recovered!

Loki is very pleased to be home :biggrin: Still living on his nerves but hopefully after a few days out with his mates and the sun on his back he will feel much more relaxed. He is starting to lose the haunted look in his eye and didn't appear to be as tucked up with morning, hopefully all his sticking out bones will dissapear again soon.

Still don't know what the results of his x-rays were yesterday, vet is supposed to be calling me today, to be honest the tooth problem is a second thought at the moment, just want to get him strong and happy again.

Thank you for all your good wishes, we both really apreciate them :flowers:

*ahem* where are the Finn and Frank hacking pictures? :happy:

Sounds like a good lesson Bradders :biggrin:

Well done Jen!! Can't wait to start my lessons!! Don't think I'll be cantering though, the trainer has said we are going to start from the beginning and work up!! :unsure:

Yeah!! Loki is home!! So glad he already appear better, with this lovely weather he'll soon be back on form! Loads of healing thoughts for him. :GroupHug:

Hopefully will be managing a quick hack tonight, but depends on my knee..it's now a lovely shade of purple and yellow!! :biggrin:

you lot are too busy, I can't keep up!! So many things have happened since I last looked in here, I am bound to forget someone, but

Jacky OUCH!!!! hope you are less sore now.

Clare glad he is home, hope he will be properly mended soon.

Jennie well done! I hate having people watching me when I ride, I go all arms and legs all over as well lol

Riding bareback and falling off brings back some memories :laugh:

Ivan is doing well and he will be going to Germany on sunday. This is my last week with him :)