UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Memory Foam Matresses

Kerrio

Or know anything about them?

We are seriously thinking about getting one as our old mattress is passed it and I wake up very sore every morning.

Or know anything about them?

We are seriously thinking about getting one as our old mattress is passed it and I wake up very sore every morning.

I could have phrased that better couldn't I? :blush02:

We bought one at the beginning of the year and it is going to be swapped for a 'normal' one asap!

Myself and OH suffer with back problems and he seems to be actually worse since we got it. The other problem is the heat retention. I suppose during winter that is a bonus but when we had that very hot summer we found it unbearable. The mattress seems to warm up and get very uncomfortable.

Yet another problem I found is that if you are a restless sleeper it can be a problem as if you keep tossing and turning it doesn't seem to readjust itself to your new position quickly enough.

Ours is a Dunlopillo Contourform and it cost over £800 so it wasn't a cheapo!

It has been so bad that when I had my hip operation I had to move into one of the spare bedrooms and even now I have recovered from th op I am not going back into the other room until that mattress has gone.

The one I sleep on at the moment is a Silentnight 'Hazel Mist' and it is fantastic and is so comfortable :)

I have a Relaxan memory foam mattress & it is HEAVEN!! :biggrin:

I have a dodgy spine and used to be in agony every morning.

I love this mattress it is like sleeping on a fluffy cloud.

It does keep you warmer, but not in an uncomfortable way.

I went to a local bed store and lay on loads of different memory foam beds before I bought one. Some of them weren't very comfy - especially the ones with springs below them. Mine is 100% memory foam.

p.s. Buying one online is sooo much cheaper than from a shop. I got mine from Brandburys and it was £350 cheaper than from my local shop!!!

Good luck. I hope you find something comfy? :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...