UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Trailhound Bitch Lost Crediton Devon

koshka

Please if anyone is in the area of Shobrooke Crediton Devon could they spare a couple of hours to look for Meg a trailhound who slipped her lead when she reached her desination last Wednesday 15th November. She has no knowledge at all of where she is and didn't even reach the house. Koshka is in the area at the moment and if anyone can help please call her on 07773 252350 Any further infomation please call me on 01995 643351

Thanks

Meg went missing on Wednesday night. She was seen at 10 am Thursday morning at Map ref SX 873 994 and later that day at map ref SX 879 995

That is a crossroads above Newton St Cyres railway station and below Shobrooke. The crossroads is called Wyke Cross.

I have traipsed around the fields in that area and have called at countless cottages and farms but no sightings since Thursday. Just hoping that the posters will result in some phone calls. The local papers will be informed this week, and radio.

Edited by koshka

Update:

Meg has been seen in the Stoke Cannon, Rew, Stoke Woods area.

She has been seen twice in the middle of the busy A396 with all the traffic at a standstill

We need to locate her before she gets run over.

We have no idea where she is lying up but she was seen between Stoke Cannon and Rew on the main road on Monday just gone. Map ref SX 941 984

We dont expect an unknown person will be able to catch her but we need sightings. Then we can get someone with a trailhound into the area asap, which she may respond to.

Phone numbers if you see her

01995 643351 / 07773 252350

I don't think I can get over there in daylight this week, but just in case anyone is looking at this and not recognising the names, I think it's Rewe (extra e) and Stoke Canon.

I may be able to get over there on Sat and have a look, but can't make it before then. Hope she turns up before that!

No sightings have been rung in since Monday which is when she was seen on the main road.

I will be there from first light Saturday morning with someone who Meg knows very well. Any extra people on the ground will be great.

We have been so lucky to meet a wonderful lady who lives right in the area, who has been out postering and looking.

We will see her Friday night and see where she has postered but it would be nice to meet any helpers and maybe start sending people a little further afield to put posters up.

After tomorrow morning I will be offline but I can be contacted on my mobile:

07773 252350

Also, another good number to keep handy is 01995 643351

I am going to suggest a meeting place for anyone who can turn up:

Saturday morning 25th 10am at Sports Ground car park which is right next to Newton St Cyres railway station. Map Ref SX 881 988

I will go there and wait for about 15mins. If you are coming and are held up, ring me.

I cannot get over there in the morning, but I am passing that way later in the afternoon: I'll make sure I have the numbers and spend a bit of time driving round and looking.

so will RKB be there? I have been trying to get hold of him all week about another matter but cant seem to get an answer :(

• 3 weeks later...

This was posted on Doglost just now by Eileen from the Trailhound Trust:

There has been another sighting of Meg last night at around 6pm. The report was that she is very thin but was running down a road Called Willow Way which is off the Summerway Road area. She is obviously coming into this area early morning and when it goes dark and we need to find where she is holding up. There are people in the area at the moment and a doglost helper has been out there plus two greyhound people this morning. We need as many people as possible to cover this area for an organised search. Please if anyone can make their way to this area to help please ring me on 01995 643351 where I have everyones mobile numbers in the area. Thanks. Eileen

There has been a new development today. A lady called in from near Stoke Canon, saying that an unknown lady called at her door today with a dog on a lead, asking if anyone had lost this dog she had caught. The caller did not at that time know about Meg, but later today she went to the post office at Stoke Canon and saw the poster. The dog the strange lady had on lead was the right colour for Meg, and it is in the area where Meg was last seen.

So the search is now on for the mystery lady :unsure:

that sounds promising oohh fingers crossed. If it is her at least she is being cared for and not out in this cold on her own.

Indeed - and at least if it is her, the person realises she may belong to someone and is making efforts to find that person. Everything crossed for some good news soon :flowers: