UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our List Of Dogs Spooked By Fireworks

owl

Hi everyone, it has been pretty bad this year unless we are just getting more phoned in to our site. Some have been caught - including a collie who hid in someone's house, a GSP who dived under a table in a golf course clubhouse, and another collie who was grabbed as she attempted to board a train! Sadly a young Bichon Frise ended up killed on a railway track :(

Anyway, I thought I would do a quick list and circulate it. Details of all these dogs are on www.doglost.co.uk, do a search by name or look down the page for breed and postcode.

6.11.06 SCOTT red & white Welsh collie male, age 15 months, Little Stukeley PE28 (Peterborough) wearing half a surgical collar and with stitches at top of front left leg.

5.11.06 EENY black lurcher bitch age 5 yrs, chipped to the rescue she came from, Halesowen B63.

4.11.06 NEPTUNE black great dane male age 4 1/2 yrs, wearing collar and tag but tag has another dog's name on. Missing Alexandra Palace, sighted Warwick Rd N11. We don't know if he was definitely a firework spooking, but there was a big display at the park that day at he may have been disturbed by the numbers of people and the activity happening there earlier in the day.

3.1..06 SKY sbt bitch red & white, age 1 year, Creswell Rd Dagenham RM8, chipped.

4.1.06 LLOYD tricolour collie x male, age 14 months,chipped, Northallerton N Yorks DL7

4.1.06 BOW hungarian viszla bitch age 12 yrs, tagged but unlikely to be approachable, Chapel-en-le-Frith Derbyshire SK23.

4.1.06 HENSON hungarian viszla male age 14 months, no ID, Raglan S Wales NP15

4.1.06 KEZI yellow labrador bitch, gingery colour, age 15 months, no ID, Woodford Green Essex IG8

29.10.06 Sooty greyhound bitch, black with small amount white to chest and paws, 4 yrs, tattooed, Penrith Cumbria CA11

21.10.06 SUZIE greyhound bitch, fawn with white, age 9 yrs, tagged and chipped, Cheadle Hulme Cheshire SK8. Sightings Bruntwood Park, Cheadle/Stockport. Greyhound Gap are very involved in this one so will anyone who can help search please go to their forum. Owner is 81 so extra searchers very much needed.

26.10.06 MEG sbt white with brindle, no ID, adult, Whitstable Kent CT5

28.10.06 MILO border collie dog, black & white with speckles to face, age 1 yr, blue collar with tag, Hebden Bridge Yorks HX7

Doubtless there will be more around the festive season :mad:

Will keep this list updated and report progress/sightings.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the list this morning, and didn't include dogs already back, only those still unaccounted for today.

Since then we have two more:

VINNIE sbt adult male Herne Bay, Kent CT6 chipped.

CHAPI dachshund bitch age 6 yrs (looks from pic like longhaired) black and tan, Wythenshawe Manchester M22 chipped.

We had another one briefly on list today, black lab called Focus but he has been caught now.

Thanks for the RSPCA link. I think we had better throw our firework stats at them, should give them plenty to get their teeth into.

So far there are more than last year recorded on the run, but this maybe because we are getting more reported. We had some nasty RTAs in previous years, including one double fatality which never went on site as the dogs were found before we had tome to put them up.

Hope this current bunch stay safe - 15 of them out there folks so please keep eyes peeled.

Edited by owl

New dogs for the list:

JACK spaniel cross age 8 months, brown with white to chest, frontpaws, tail tip and also stripe down nose.Goytre S Wales SA13. Collar with ID tag.

OYSON crossbreed age 3 months, brindle with white to paws and tail tip plus nose stripe. Staffy size with boxer-ish face and huge paws. He is boxer x english mastiff x dobe. Took off from outskirts of Pembrey south of Carmarthen after someone let off a firework at a wake! Owner had come from Axminster to attend wake. Oyson isn't up on Doglost yet, owner called me this morning and I gave him the number so he should be up on site soon.

Edited by owl