UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Umm Hi

munron

Well hello, although I feel as though I know a lot of you already after being a lurker for years between this site and DP. I have never really been one for posting but cos Pingu keeps booting me off I thought I should introduce myself.

I am Nicola and live in the very north of Scotland with my OH and two Dalmatians. We have had Dexter since a puppy but recently got Keira through adoption and she is a year and a half. We did plan to adopt when we move to our new house but I was cruising the internet seen her up for re-homing and felt as though fate dealt us a hand. I shall be having strong words with fate tho as it didnt mention that the Dalmatian we were getting was nothing like my well behaved laid back Dally - but a house shredding, carpet piddling, counter surfing, attention seeking one. But we are nothing if not resilient and what a difference even a week makes. OH is a vet and i am a part time layabout who turns up at work and pretends to do things by shuffling papers. Dexter and Keira are vets assistants - there to bark at the animals in order to ensure their hearing is perfect. I am a supporter of greyhound rescue and I hope one day that my man will get over his "thing" about greyhounds and allow one in - but I realise that cat and brat friendly ones in the very north of scotland dont come along every day.

Take care all, love reading the posts as there are days I need to cry (women only will understand PMT) and days I need to laugh.

Sorry for any typos but couldnt find the spell check do-dah.

Nicola.x

OH thing with greyhounds is that he doesnt particulary like them - but each to their own - he is more of a spaniel man. Being a vet tho he is aware of animal behaviour and dealing with them - so I suppose I will just have to be happy that he is treating the animals with care and kindness rather than taking them home.

:flowers: Hi Nicola, welcome to the refue.

I like RMF when it starts a new month, its the only time I can keep up, after a few pages Im struggling. Imagine my excitement when we had 2 November RMFs, and it wasnt even November yet :biggrin:

I have asked for a Bebe RMF page of my own, so I can keep up, but the "hosts" said NO :angry:

And they call themselves hosts :dry:

Hi All

Natpants, no worry about the car, its me that is covered in the stuff - I feel like that cartoon character of Charlie Brown that is always filthy - I think his name was pigpen. Me, my house and my car are really just Dally extensions.

Hi Elaine, A traillie is still on my wish list along with a greyhound but after yonks of cant agreements between me and OH he said well why dont we get another one of them, pointing to Dexter. We really didnt mean to get one this quickly but I was browsing the internet, as I do, seen Keira and fate really took a hand.

I will say this much tho what a bloody shock to the system to take on a dog that is a year and a half almost that has had no discipline in its life. God the wine is being tanked this week. She is now coming round to the fact that she is now fourth in line and that seems ok when they get out twice a day for a nice walk but quiet times are still a mystery to her. Dexter has been a gem as well, my big lad is such a good boy. In saying that I did see him trying to stick a third class stamp on her the the other day.

Now hopefully I will be able to display some photos.

Keira meeting Dexters friends Jude and Charley (female) for the first time.

tn_gallery_1700_77_292965.jpg

There are four of them here

tn_gallery_1700_77_1044459.jpg

Keira with her new brother Dexter

tn_gallery_1700_77_507824.jpg

And finally Dexter wishing everyone a happy christmas, although he is early

tn_gallery_1700_77_487796.jpg

Thanks for all the replies

Nicola.x