UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Little Dumpledale Farm Cottages

Dog Rescue Lover

Guest blondebimbo

fantastic place we went last year with friends, 12 greys and lurchers in total and loved every minute.

couldn't ask for better hosts too lovely family :GroupHug:

the dogs had a fabulous time and i think it could have been Sue's greyhound Willow who almost escaped through the gate trying to get to 1 of her sons :rolleyes:

the gardens are fantastic at both cottages

kerryx

Edited by blondebimbo

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a quick update on the fencing situation. Most of the garden is surrounded by a 6ft wooden fence. The bit in the corner is solid wire, the sort used in fencing which cant be bent or dug under. We have been operating four years now and the only dog to escape was an agility lurcher which jumped the wooden gate. That has since been replaced by metal gates like this.

100_1592.jpg

The pond has now been taken out as there were just too many wet dogs! :laugh:

Sue's Willow did try to get through the side gate so that has been replaced too. The bars on the bottom half of both gates have been made narrow enough so dogs can't even get their noses through never mind a bit of their body! :laugh:

Hope that has cleared a few things up for you, many people have gone out and left their dogs successfully in the garden, although there is the dog house in the garden if you want to shut them in and make sure they are safe. We are also happy for you to leave dogs in the house if you would prefer to and you are happy they are safe to be left.

Anyway, any questions just drop us a line.

Carol & Trev

• 5 months later...
We visited this place at the beginning of October and Carol and Trevor were so nice and friendly, we immediately felt at home. The dogs loved it, as it was like home from home.

The fields and beaches were fantastic places for our girls and we will definitely be going back there. Link to their website is: Little Dumpledale

I just tried to look at this website but it asks for a password :unsure: does anyone know what it is??

I just tried to look at this website but it asks for a password :unsure: does anyone know what it is??

No idea, it's not done that before. You can look at Swallows Dance, which is another of their cottages (just across from Little Dumpledale) and that isn't asking for a password. Link.

• 1 year later...

Nice to hear you had a fantastic time. :)

We are going to stay at Wyn's cottage in July, we have not seen any picture's and no one has been to stay there as it will not be open until June 2008.

I hope that someone will give us an update on this cottage if they go in June.

We know we will have a fantastic time and hopefully this cottage will have a safe garden as we have small dogs.

Cheryl & Mike