UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Little Dumpledale Farm Cottages

Dog Rescue Lover

We visited this place at the beginning of October and Carol and Trevor were so nice and friendly, we immediately felt at home. The dogs loved it, as it was like home from home.

The fields and beaches were fantastic places for our girls and we will definitely be going back there. Link to their website is: Little Dumpledale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, We are thinking about booking a week there. As been as our 2 foster Lurchers have no home as yet, we need to know how safe the garden is.

Our 2 Shepherds are ok with all other furries, but Bonnie, one of the fosters takes an unhealthy interest lol. Just wanted someone elses opinion before we book. Also do they complain if dogs go in the pool? Max loves swimming.

Thanks in advance.

Kazz xx

Kazz, I'm not sure about dogs in the swimming pool - you'd need to speak to Carol or Trevor about that. You can drive to the sea in 10-15 minutes though if that helps.

Regarding the garden, I didn't feel the garden with the house we stayed in was secure enough to leave the dogs in unattended. It was fine for a few minutes while we were in the house etc., but I wouldn't have gone out and left them with access to the garden. There's another house there, Swallow something or other, I didn't see all of it. A number of people from G/Gap have been there - with greys and lurchers - you could check with them too. I do worry a lot :laugh:

I did absolutely love it there and would certainly recommend it. Carol and Trevor are lovely and made us feel VERY welcome - and it was a great place to go with dogs.

Thanks for the reply Ange. I wouldnt leave the dogs unattended in the garden. I was just worried in case a cat or something was in the garden and if I let the Lurchers out if the garden wasnt secure etc. I may not have them by the time we go as they are fosters, but if we do go I would take them if they are still here. :)

I think I will call Carol and ask her regarding the garden etc.

Thanks again

Kazz x

Hi Kazz, When we went in October the whole garden was very secure. The only bit I was slightly worried about was where the pond was. There was tall netting and a really big drop to the public footpath, but that was the only area I thought one of mine would have a go at. They didn't thankfully, so it wasn't a problem. The rest of the garden was enclosed by a 6 ft fence all the way around apart from a metal gate at the side (as long as you made sure you had put the latch down properly), which was secure and a double metal gate to the other side

The fence is as follows:

New%20Pictures%20058%20(Small)%20(Small).jpg

We had a greyhound, lurcher and 2 terriers with us and none of them got out (although they were very interested in the cats that were roaming around outside in the open area)

Yeah, it was the bit by the pond that I was concerned about too - none of mine tried to get over it but I wouldn't have gone out and left them in the garden. My father-in-law bent a bit of metal around to fix over the latch on the gate as it did open once by itself while we were there. We went in September though so that could have been changed by the time you went.

I'm really not trying to put anyone off, we had a fab time and as I said earlier, would highly recommend the place.

Our little oldie did fall in the pond within about half an hour of us arriving - one of them had to, didn't they!

Yeah, it was the bit by the pond that I was concerned about too - none of mine tried to get over it but I wouldn't have gone out and left them in the garden. My father-in-law bent a bit of metal around to fix over the latch on the gate as it did open once by itself while we were there. We went in September though so that could have been changed by the time you went.

I'm really not trying to put anyone off, we had a fab time and as I said earlier, would highly recommend the place.

Our little oldie did fall in the pond within about half an hour of us arriving - one of them had to, didn't they!

Half an hour! What kept him? My Jack walked through the gate and went arse over tit into the pond before we had even got in the cottage :laugh: :laugh: We loved Little Dumpledale, we took 6 greys and lurchers and 2 kids in February last year. Loved every minute. :wub:

Half an hour! What kept him? My Jack walked through the gate and went arse over tit into the pond before we had even got in the cottage :laugh: :laugh: We loved Little Dumpledale, we took 6 greys and lurchers and 2 kids in February last year. Loved every minute. :wub:

It seems like the gate has been highered as a Greyhound escaped some time last year as Jason the son just told me on the phone. Phoning later to book for September.

:)

Kazz x

How do you fit them all in the car?? Where does the luggage go?? :wacko: