UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Killing Field Of The Dog Industry

Brindlebabe

Alistair McLean, the NGRC’s chief executive, admitted he was “flabbergasted and appalledâ€.

Yeah, right!

“I was going to keep them as pets, but it was private houses where I had got them and they were barking so I was talking to a chap as to the best way to put them to sleep and he said ‘the Garden of Eden, you can take them any morning’. But I wouldn’t have taken them there if I’d known [what happened there].â€

He added: “I’d never been there in my life and one of the chaps said . . . if you take the dogs there they are put to sleep. He [smith] has his own incinerator, the greyhounds are burnt and then the ashes are put on the land.

“Well, when I saw in the paper what he did with it I would never ever have taken a greyhound to be shot. I am totally innocent.â€

Fenwick, who said his daughter only accompanied him “for the ride†and to help unload the dogs, insisted he normally used a vet to kill dogs humanely.

What did he think happened there then? He knew the dogs were going to be killed. He says that. What happened to them after that doesn't really matter.

These are people totally withouth honour and compassion. :mecry:

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“We will do whatever is necessary to clean up our industry even if it takes six months or a year. We are extremely grateful for the assistance provided by The Sunday Times.â€

Haven't they already had years to do this?

The industry has used and abused greyhounds for years. The problem is not going to go away until greyhound racing is a thing of the past.

Follow up article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2281781.html

Greyhound 'cull' trainers suspended

Daniel Foggo

Paddy Sweeney, a retired greyhound vet, said he knew Smith well and was aware he had been killing dogs for about 20 years.

He said Smith provided a cheap and humane service, but he was critical of the greyhound industry for causing dogs to be frequently injured, necessitating their destruction.

"Without a shadow of a doubt Dave Smith puts down dogs that have been injured at licensed tracks," he said. "He is a good man but the people who exploit the dogs are vermin, they are lower than a snake."

Nearly every quote in the article makes me go :ohmy: and reminds me of the saying "When you are in hole stop digging"

The retired vet shows total contempt for the dogs and is he saying that 10,000+ dogs have been injured in 20yrs on 2 tracks= 500 + dog a year!!!