UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jonesy - A Very Special Piggy

snow

Jonesy was the last of my piggies, she came to live with me along with her littermate Ripley almost 9 years ago, her sister left us for the bridge 3 years ago and whilst I do not believe in keeping piggies separately Jonesy wasn't the kind of piggy who craved other piggy companionship not when she had Nog and Nick as her constant companions.

She lived in her huge indoor cage on the desk alongside Nicks pc, in fact her cage took up so much space that most of the pc had to go on the floor and using the mouse became an art form in tiny movements :laugh: but Nick wouldn't have it any other way.

There is always someone in Nicks room, more often than not lots of someones as his friends are in playing on the playstation, listening to music and watching dvd's, Jonesy thrived on it, she became a big part of their lives, she never lacked for fuss or cuddles. When she was still a young piggy the wonderful runs they'd make for her and her sister with treats at the end were something to be seen and she was a great ambassador for these young people to learn how to respect small animals and see just how much love they can give you.

Jonesy was never shy in coming forwards and letting you know when she wanted something, and to see these now strapping young men all stop what they were doing to see what she needed was quite something, they never seemed to hear me yelling "keep it down" but if Jonesy said "shut up" - then shut up they did!

She lived also with 2 dogs over the years, first our lurcher Olaf and then latterly Nogsy, who arrived here as an unknown quantity so far as being small animal safe was concerned, Jonesy let him know immediately she was the "boss" by chewing off his whiskers whilst he stood there looking utterly dumbfounded. They always exchanged greetings in the morning and whenever Nog went into Nicks room, often the 2 of them would be cuddled up either side of Nick on the bed watching the telly :wub:

Jonesy was feisty, bossy, sweet, funny and infinitely loving, Nick adored her and even though we have known for the past year she was on borrowed time, he never really believed she would leave him. She was close to 9 years old the oldest piggy we have ever had, and that I think is very much a tribute to the way Nick looked after her and loved her and she him.

Jonesy left for the bridge to join her sister and Olaf and all the other piggies that preceded her at 11:30pm last night, there will be other piggies who come to live with us, and they too will be special in their way, but I don't think there will ever be another piggy quite like Jonesy.

Run free at the bridge sweetheat - we miss you so much :mecry: :wub:

I'm really sorry, but especially for Nick. I don't think it ever gets any easier losing animals but I think you find a way of coping. I'm always distraught, but I know that I've come thru it before. :GroupHug: to all of you.

What a wonderful tribute, and your Nick and his pals sound lovely, they learned a lot that they will appreciate more in years to come, as will all who know them.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...