UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wallasey Members?!

dawnhughes

sorry mods if this is in the wrong place but pretty urgent!!

The missing GSD x merle collie ROLO has been spotted by an RSPCA worker.

http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.p...mp;#entry802944

He has been missing since the 8th jan having bolted from his home in Tranmere. We had a sighting by the B&Q roundabout the day he went missing. Today ROLO HAS BEEN SIGHTED AGAIN!!! Helen his owner had a call from the administrator for North West Dog Lost site who has said RSPCA helper has seen him again by the tip, running up towards the Poole Inn pub but by the time she had turned around he was gone!!!

His owner is going up first thing in the morning with her other dog. I will try and get up there myself at some point. The pool inn pub is marked 'A' and the tip is just down the wallasey bridge road

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=nav...=1&ct=image

I am so pleased we finally have a definate sighting and somewhere to focus the search! This is a simular location to where he had been spotted on the day he went missing!! Scary how quick dogs revert to their wild natural state though isnt it!! Previously Rolo was an outgoing friendly chap with people and food obssessed!

Please can every one send come home Rolo thoughts please!!

Please if anyone is local can they please keep their eyes and ears open!!

Edited by dawnhughes

:sad02: Sorry, keep hoping for good news.

Has the owner tried local papers to see if they'll run an appeal with mention of a reward? Maybe that will "prompt" someone to realise they know about him or help someone to remember seeing him? He's a striking dog so you'd think someone who had seen him, would remember.

I'm not sure where the sighting was. Has it gone closer to the shops in Wallasey? Might be worth having a word with the pub landlord and anyone in shops closeby. Putting posters up in them if permitted and generally speaking to passers by. He's going to be living on scraps he can find I imagine. Not that I'm an expert but it's something I would do.

:sad02: Sorry, keep hoping for good news.

Has the owner tried local papers to see if they'll run an appeal with mention of a reward? Maybe that will "prompt" someone to realise they know about him or help someone to remember seeing him? He's a striking dog so you'd think someone who had seen him, would remember.

there was an advert in the paper this week saying he has a medical condition and also offering as reward. She has had a few phone calls but none that were him. Someone phoned a few days ago but it was his brother in a local park. Helen is there every day and has handed out posters to everyone around there including some work men. Im really hoping the cold weather forces him out towards people more ...