UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping With Dogs - Help!

Raiye's Mum

Most big camping shops will be able to help you get the sort you want.

Holly sleeps in my sleeping bag with me when we are in the camper van and never torn it yet with her claws.

Barbara

Most big camping shops will be able to help you get the sort you want.

Holly sleeps in my sleeping bag with me when we are in the camper van and never torn it yet with her claws.

Barbara

put it all inside a very big suit case!

before i had a car

we have a thing on wheels, we put it all on that and then make sure it dose not move in anyway.

work very well

i now have a caravan which is no better lol i pack it to the hills lol i am sure it's over weight most of the time

could you not see if anyone with a car and then see if you could hope in with them.

Looked at these but they are bigger than the tent :wacko:

And anyway my doglets always sleep curled up around me so would be no good :wub:

Foam sounds a great idea and a huge suitcase ... see I knew you'd all have fab ideas :)

Edited by Raiye's Mum

Looked at these but they are bigger than the tent :wacko:

And anyway my doglets always sleep curled up around me so would be no good :wub:

Foam sounds a great idea and a huge suitcase ... see I knew you'd all have fab ideas :)

We have the bone loungers in the second link and the fold up into a bag rather like the folding camping chairs you can get so very portable. If you get the large one there will be plenty of room for 2 collies if they are happy to share. The joy of these is that they keep the dogs off any damp ground and condensation won't form between the cold ground and bedding which tends to happen with mattresses that are directly touching the ground.

I have a huge flat dog bed that usually is in my lounge that I take for camping!! Its big enough for me and 2 dogs with my feet hanging off the end!! It's very comfortable actually! There is now way Cromwell and Sidney (the only 2 good enough to come camping) would sleep away from me so it's the best option. :biggrin:

I just use a normal double air bed like this one:

air bed

I go away camping every weekend with my lot from Easter until the end of September cos we do flyball and they have not managed to kill it yet, 2 of them sleep on the bed with me and the other comes on for cuddles in the morning. All I do is put a normal fitted sheet over it so that we have a bit more protection.

Hope you have a good time