UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Dogs Gone Loopy

siadwell

We have a dog, Smithy, and bieng a Siberian Husky his recall is not what you call 100% :rolleyes: so we have been trying various techniques for recall.

Have tried food treats...No

Have tried high pitched excitable name calling...No

Have tried making yourself large approach...No, and various others, until yesterday took him out on 100ft long lead and called "Where's Barney?", he came straight back and sat by my feet ah, I hear you say Barney must be a member of the family, nope Barney is actually the name of next doors CAT!! Why he comes back for this we have no clue, but it's nice as we now have 100% recall, :biggrin: even in the back garden. If anyone can explain please let us know...

:laugh: :laugh:

We had something similar with Sparky when we were out some time ago. He'd gone into the woods, and just wasn't coming back. :rolleyes: For some reason, for the last few months, he's taken it upon himself to charge at poor old Mal to investigate what he's doing whenever I call him, so fianlly I shout at the top of my lungs: MAAAAAALCOOOOOLMMM!!!!! And sure enough, there was Sparks, pelting it out of the woods, towards us, whilst looking for Mal. Thing was, we hadn't even taken Malcolm, he was curled up on the sofa at home! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: