UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oz'n'i Had Our First Agility Lesson!

pawsnlearn

At long last Oz and I made it to our first agility lesson after a few false starts for one reason or another. He absolutely LOVED it ... while I have a major problem with co-ordination he just seemed to know what to do :laugh: Heaven knows how those of you who compete manage to do it at high speed ... I was struggling with a couple of jumps at a time!! :ohmy: :huh: Apparently poor Oz is already following my body signals ... I say poor Oz 'cos the signals I am inadvertantly giving are very misleading!! :laugh: :cool: Anyway, it's great fun and we are going back in the hope that I'll get better at it. :unsure:

I was awful when I started, I mean really bad, I am uncoordinated at the best of times, but it comes too you afte a few months. The reason you are uncoordinated is you are watching every move your dog makes so trying to do that and put yourself in the right place seems impossible. Once your dog gets the hang of it you find you are not watching them so much and can actually look and see where you are going - just wait until you have to start learning blind changes :cool:

Beginning agility rather reminds me of learning to drive! Mind you I got the hang of driving a car but I don't think I will ever get agility right. My brain finds it impossible to remember not to waive around my arm on the opposite side to Rosie, to mind where I'm putting my feet, make sure I'm on the correct side of Rosie and say the names of the obstacles etc outloud - there's just too much to think about. I often say "tunnel" when actually I mean "tyre".

Have fun with Oz!

Beginning agility rather reminds me of learning to drive! Mind you I got the hang of driving a car but I don't think I will ever get agility right. My brain finds it impossible to remember not to waive around my arm on the opposite side to Rosie, to mind where I'm putting my feet, make sure I'm on the correct side of Rosie and say the names of the obstacles etc outloud - there's just too much to think about. I often say "tunnel" when actually I mean "tyre".

Have fun with Oz!

Thankyou!! Thankyou!! You've made me feel sooooo much better about being such a klutz :laugh: :laugh:

Ermm...... I actually fell over the pegs holding down the tunnel and dislodged (uprooted and moved) it whilst trying to direct Neo through and over the next jump. :blush02: I think you will be fine Marie. No-one can be as unco-ordinated as me!! :laugh: