UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pet Insurance Recommendations Please

merledogs

Used to have my dogs with Axa, which has now sold the policies to NTI Insurance. They have quoted me for Taffy and Beau and there's a £200 increase each!

So am looking for pet insurance recommendations - must be lifetime cover.

Have looked on the comparison sites and searched for reviews but people seem to have such varying experiences.

Not going back to M&S as they increased Max's premiums to £1200 the year before he died!

i don't know if you are registered on DP but there is a thread about this on there at the moment. i used to use petplan but i guess it depends on how old the boys are and any pre existing conditions, Kota is with the insurance that vetuk do, can't comment on them paying out as not claimed but i had no choice in going with somebody other than petplan with the problems i had with petplan and what the nurse put on her records, i do think they are quite expensive though, we pay £35 a month for £7500 a year cover

They are both older dogs (11 and 12) but no pre-existing medical conditions.

I've found a lifetime policy with More Than, which gives £8k cover per year for less than £50 for both dogs which sounds good, but don't know what they are like when it comes to paying out on claims :worried_anim:

This site has a pretty comprehensive overview of the different options.

Logan is stuck with M&S due to pre-existing conditions - the premium keeps going up each year (now £67 / month). Kia was with Axa, but I switched her over to MoreTh>n when Axa announced they were withdrawing from pet insurance. We've made one claim so far, and that was processed quickly and with no hassle. Her premium did go up from £17 to £27 / month after the first year, but hopefully it won't go up too much more.

several people on DP moved to Morethan. Reviews mention big increses in premiums but that seems to be the norm now.

Options will be limited with their age.

You can get reviews if you Google the name of the company, pet insurance reviews.

My two are with AXA. Cleo renewed at the beginning of August and so stayed with AXA. She has had cruciate surgery which would probabaly be excluded for the other leg if I move.

Murphy renews in April so I am watching what happens and considering changing.

Decisions, decisions. It 's a minefield.

Ours are with TESCO - we don't have the lifetime cover, but they do lifetime as far as I know. They have paid out no questions asked for Charlie's cruciate, Ted's spinal tumour and Charlie's vestibular attacks. I don't think the premium has gone up stupidly either. Another good insurer is NFU. I don't have any dog experience with them, but they we're fab when Blue was lame. Paid out over £4k no quibbles and were easy to deal with. Both TESCO and NFU will pay the vet directly :)