UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Plusnet Broadband

griff

anyone use plusnet broadband? i need to change provider as virgin are charging stupid amounts, i have tried bt and they tried to con me.... i went for the £13 offer with 1 years free unlimited calls plus my line rental, should have been £27.60 they wanted to charge me £36!!! looked at 02 who my bro is with and i am not on their network, my aunty had bother with talk talk so won't touch them but plusnet seem reasonably priced so just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them and what they thought?

thankyou

i am really having a nightmare!!!! ordered with bt then made 2 phonecalls to cancel the order, imagine my surprise to find an email telling me my order is on its way??? so i called again, apparently it can take 24 hours for the order to close off but they are adamant it is cancelled, looked on my other email account and what do you know my virgin services cease on the 16th...... i will have to hope that they have cancelled my order and i don't get lumped with them.

cheers Ian, i think i will go for the 60mb at £11.49, there really aren't a lot of reasonable priced options for broadband only! worst case scenario it will cost about £150 to buy myself out of the contract

hopefully have signed up for the £11.69 package, we are in one of the low markets so we can have it at that price for the full 12 months. i did have to call them for help and it is a freephone number and we got a variety of "nothern" music...... it was great, we had the human league playing and some others that i recognised. i was on hold fpr about 10 minutes as they were busy and the automated thing wouldn't work for a call back but the people were english and were yorkshire folk! the sales team couldn't help me so they have put me through to the technical team and the lad was lovely and very helpful. i will try to remember to update for you Alex and let you know of any issues i have (hopefully none as the last 2 days have been hell!!!)

well 10/10 for plusnet, they updated to say they had found a potential problem with my phone line.... the potential problem??? bt have an order on the phone line, this is the order that i immediately cancelled!! it was an english person i spoke to again at plusnet and again a lovely yorkshire accent, she is going to give bt the benefit of the doubt that the order will be removed and check again on tuesday and if it is still there she will try and find a way to help me. my internet finishes on the 16th so i will have no online services for a while after that....groan

• Like 1

I'm keeping my eye on your reports about Plusnet Griff as we'd already been thinking about changing to them so it's good to hear from someone with first hand experience of them.

At the moment we are with Sky which is OK through the day but gets so slow in the evening that I can't watch anything on Youtube because of it hanging up. I've done speed tests and in no way do they measure up to the speeds we are supposed to be getting. They keep promising the new superfast broadband service but say BT are holding back (something they have to do with or too the line I think) but they have been saying this for some while now and it's getting that I don't believe them.

well i can only say positive things about the contact centre and technical staff, can't comment on the actual broadband as yet but apparently any downloads you make between 12am and 8am is free so if you could set up to download your programmes between those hours your allowance isn't touched. i went for the higher 60gb download limit as i haven't a clue what i use!

• Like 1

just another update, finally got BT to cancel the order......i told them on the phone at the time of giving mac code i didn't want the service due to the price quoted and the price being charged, took a further 5 phone calls to get it sorted but true to their word, Plus net called me yesterday and confirmed that the order was now removed and it looked likely that things could proceed!!!! today, the postman arrived with my new router! hopefully my new broadband will start next week... hopefully !

• Like 1