UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cruciate Ligament

gooster

Thanks. He is doing really well on his walks now, he goes out with the others now, but stays on the lead. To begin with he did a lot of skipping on that leg, presumably where it was still sore. However over the last week, there has been no skipping at all, he has been fine on his walks. My main concern now is that he seems reluctant to jump on the sofa or on the bed (which he is allowed to do now). I did think that it was because he had stitches in his good leg, which was stopping him from jumping. However the stitches are out now and he still doesn't try and jump. He restarts his hydro on Monday though, so hopefully he will come on even more now :) 2 weeks today and he can go off lead for the first time :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie is allowed off his lead today :biggrin: We are only allowed to do 5 minutes at the end of the walk, but am so happy. It's a real milestone in his recovery :) Over the last week, he has been really pulling and squeaking to be let off, but we have stayed strong and waited till today. It's almost as if he knows, as he keeps coming up to me and looking at me as if to tell me to hurry up and take him out!!

temporary-5-1.jpg think he enjoyed himself! When I unclipped his lead, he looked at me as if to say 'really mum?'. He has also been swimming tonight, he is up to 20 minutes now. Next week his lifejacket will come off and he will have a harness on instead. This will be to help build his core muscles :)

• 2 months later...

Just figured I haven't updated this for a while...

We are still having weekly hydro sessions and he has just been swimming with his harness on for a good few sessions now. He now tends to get water in his ears now as his head is a bit closer to the water. I was chatting to a friend who used to take their dog to hydro, and they used to put tights on her ears to stop water getting in, so we are going to try that next week. We also had the jets on low for the first time last night. I thought he'd totally freak out when those went on, but he was absolutely fine. So he did about 3 circuits with the jets on and the rest of the time without.

He is no longer bunny hopping on his walks and is pretty much sound on that leg now :) Today he was running around like a crazy dog when I let him off his lead :wub: