UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Moral Dilemma

collies r best

I think your daughter in her desperation to get out of where she is now would probably take a job that isn't necessarily her ideal job, whereas for you it is your ideal job and you would probably be a lot more enthusiastic and likely stick with the job longer. Who knows, she might do it for a while, then decide she doesn't like it and if something more up her street comes along, she'd be off.

I agree with others, talk to your daughter and explain to her that you really want that particular job :flowers:

Thanks for advice :flowers: i'll sit down and talk to her. Must say if she got the job over me it wouldnt matter even though i'd obviously be disappointed but i wouldnt resent her for it. I think theres going to be a lot of applications for this job so the odds of either of us getting it are slim. You're right Murtle she needs to learn to become less selfish, shes quite a stroopy bugger at times, shes like her father in that sense, as long as shes ok nothing else matters.

Just one thought...although basically I agree with the majority that you should apply and tell her you have...have you been in this shop, or even looked in the window? I only ask because if the staff are mainly young (by young I mean under thirty), then they are more likely to take on someone of a similar age to themselves. If they are older, you have more chance than she does. Good luck, both with telling her and the application! :flowers: