UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Iphone Scam

Spins4me

Sorry, this is a bit long but might save someone from being scammed.

Yesterday OH got an unexpected delivery by DHL of an iPhone. Ithad been sent by O2. He hadn't ordered it so rang O2 to tell them. They checked and said it had been ordered fraudulently in his name and he should send it back. They also said their fraud department would be contacting him about it.

He'd just got off the phone to O2 when there was a phone call from someone saying they were from DHL. They said they'd mistakenly delivered an item to him and would send someone round to collect it. OH told them that he'd checked with O2 and it was fraudulently ordered and he was sending it back himself.

He then decided to contact the police who told him that scam and that he'd done the right thing to tell them and O2. The scammers had got hold of our address, ordered the phone and then tracked its delivery. Once they knew it had been delivered they tried to collect it and it would never have been seen again. Presumably OH would have been liable to pay for it.

So I thought that I'd put it on here so that no-one gets caught by this. If anyone else has received an iPhone (or any mobile phone) that they haven't ordered don't be fooled into handing it over to anyone who says they're from the delivery company. Contact the phone company and the police.

Good spot :flowers:

A post office once alerted a similar activity happening in their area with lots and lots of parcels being delivered for one house...it was a similar scam.

They are very good, and seems to use the expertise of people on the inside of organisations :angry: