UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend 2011

zico's mum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer punch sounds a TOP idea! Do we have a large vessel for the concoction? Will have to bring a bottle of something punch-like... :unsure:

Well, for the last couple of years, there have been two jugs, two bottles of Sangria, then vodka, fruit liquers, lemonade and anything else glugged into the mix with some sliced apples, orange, lemon and lime.

Cheapo jugs from Tesco's , i have one, my friend has one. Anything anyone wants to add is most welcome. :flowers:

Most people tend ot arrive on the Friday at varying times and we dont have a planned activity so its people just getting reacquainted with each other and meeting new people who are part of the group.

Saturday

Late Morning/ Early Afternoon - Meet & Greet chance for everyone to meet the committee members, fosterers, transporters etc who are going on the trip. All going to be relaxed and informal.

Mid Afternoon - Fun & Games :- orienteering course, paw painting competition, sausage snaffle game & treat bobbing game

Late Afternoon/ Evening - Doggie Bingo & Quiz - We will be preparing a multiple round quiz that you can take part in if you wish. Entries can be singles of in the form of teams. Winning individual/ team will receive a prize

- BBQ - As with every camping trip we tend to have a barbecue where we can kick back and relax.

We wont be charging anyone to take parts in any of the events but we will have a collection tin with us and if anyone would like to give a donation then that would be gratefully appreciated

Dogs bathed - couldn't take them to a B&B smelling so badly :laugh: Hope to heck I can find the pet shop tomorrow in Banbury I'm meeting a friend at,think I need to buy a Sat Nav :rolleyes: Might drop by campsite tomorrow evening otherwise will come over Saturday morning earlyish.See you all then :biggrin:

Just got back after a great weekend camping and catching up with everyone. A big thank you to Amy, and everyone else, (sorry, i'm useless at remembering names), who worked so hard to organise the weekend and the games and prizes. Jack and Cherry have had a fab time with all the other dogs.