UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The "read Any Good Books Recently" Thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually buy my books secondhand from Amazon - usually can be bought for 1p plus postage of £2.75 or if fulfilled by Amazon it may be cheaper with free delivery.

I've just discovered Mo Hayder. I bought 'Gone' the other day in Sainsbury's and it kept me up until 1am on New Year's day cos I couldn't put it down, so I've ordered the other 4 in that series off Amazon.

Would highly recommend her to anyone who's a fan of British crime thrillers :flowers:

• 3 months later...

Just bumping this up

I have just downloaded Jodi Picoults new book Sing you home , has any read ( or listened ) to it yet ?

I am also excited that Jeffery Archers latest book Only Time will tell is out next month

Am currently reading The Guardian which so far has been very good

whats everyone else reading ?

Am about to start on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which Ive borrowed off my boss. Ive been told to plough through th first few chapters as it does get better.

How did you get on with it Amy ? I have it as a book and a download and can't get into either so far ( but I have not tried very hard to be far )

How did you get on with it Amy ? I have it as a book and a download and can't get into either so far ( but I have not tried very hard to be far )

I did find it quite hard to get into it initially but persevered because it had such good reviews. I am so glad I did, something obviously just clicked at some point and I couldn't put the book down and then I immediately had to get the other two books in the trilogy.

Not read the new Jodie Picolot yet, but her previous one House Rules was fab!!

I'm currently reading Kiss and Tell (not sure off the top of my head who it's by), but it's a Jilly Cooper style look at the world of horse eventing but with a little bit less nortyness in it!!!

I did find it quite hard to get into it initially but persevered because it had such good reviews. I am so glad I did, something obviously just clicked at some point and I couldn't put the book down and then I immediately had to get the other two books in the trilogy.

Thanks Terri I might give it another go , everyone who has read it tells me its great so I really should listen laugh.gif

Not read the new Jodie Picolot yet, but her previous one House Rules was fab!!

I loved House Rules , I think its her best yet