UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It's Freezing Out There Mum!

merledogs

Can I just ask where you got yours Alex? Because I got Kiera's from Robinson's, the biggest size there was, and it was quite small for her - and I think your gorgeous rabble is about the same size?

I got them from Robinsons. I ordered the biggest size but it was too big, so ended up ordering the small I think :unsure:

What the velcro along the back like? I have a fleecy one of a similar shape for Louie but I found the velcro strip wore out pretty quickly.

Not had any problems with the velcro, but the velcro is on a flap which has a full length zip underneath :flowers:

I am lucky in the fact that Lottie will cheerfully wear anything I put on her. Unless she appears physically cold I don't put a coat on her. She will not however, go out in pouring rain without one on. I am very sad as I have just bought her a green quilted Barbour coat. I tell you what. It was cheaper than some coats I've seen in pet shops and it's all proper buckles n stuff.

I am very sad as I have just bought her a green quilted Barbour coat. I tell you what. It was cheaper than some coats I've seen in pet shops and it's all proper buckles n stuff.

Not as sad as me, Mollydog has a lovely fleecy Barbour which is terribly smart and she absolutely refuses to wear it apart from about two days a year when it is cold enough that she will grudgingly tolerate it. She plants her feet and will not move!

For some reason her nylon anorak thing is considered more acceptable.. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

I am very sad as I have just bought her a green quilted Barbour coat. I tell you what. It was cheaper than some coats I've seen in pet shops and it's all proper buckles n stuff.

Yup, I've still got 2 of those, barely worn because the dear muttlies refuse them.

I will never forget a 4 hour stand off with Malcolm, who refused to lie down in his coat when we were camping. We still camped in a tent and the ground was absolutely freezing at night. Considering that he was deemed an "older" dog, I had decided that Malcolm WAS going to wear his coat at night, come hell or high water. Well neither were a match for Malcolm's stubbornness, and at 2.30 in the morning I finally relented and took it off on the condition that he would at least lie on it. Woke up 4 hours later to find the thing kicked away to the farthest corner of the tent, with Malcolm blissfully curled up on the cold groundsheet!

Still got both coats, which will now go to a rescue to warm up some dogs who might like them :rolleyes:

:wub: :wub: :wub: beautiful piccies :wub: :wub: :wub: not surprised cherry gave in..... t'was very cold here today wasn't it? mine are in the coat wearing brigade..... i have a confession, they have 3 weatherbeta coats each..... 2 ancol green muddy paws coats (now discontinued :mad: ) a ancol muddy paws fleece each (also discontinued) and i have just ordered them a doggles warm up fleece each for xmas and they also have pyjamas for at night (it is really cold in my house) the main reason for the dogs having coats is laney can't get mud on his tummy as he comes out in terrible blisters and i couldn't buy for one without the other..could i :laugh: :laugh: