UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is This Ibs?

Mags

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather not stay on the tablets permanently. If I can learn more about it and what foods to eat/avoid I might be able to manage it. But Doc could tell me something different at appointment.

The pill organiser would have to jump up and shove a tablet down my throat for that to work any better :laugh: I have the tablets left where I can see them but I'm so used to seeing them there that I don't see them any more :wacko: Do ya see what I mean :unsure: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you still eating wheat? That's the most common cause of problems and you really need to cut it out completely, not just cut down. Then most likely is milk and milk products.

There's lots of information on the net about elimination diets. I did the lamb and pears one with my daughter when she was a baby. It took loads of organising, but was very useful at finding the foods she needed to keep off. It also told me that I was intolerant to wheat, although I chose to ignore the fact for the next 30 or so years because it was so inconvenient. Now I am off all gluten and feel heaps better for it.

Special diets are much better understood nowadays, and there are loads more prepared foods. So its all quite easy, although I did get rather wistful when people were talking about croissants recently.

ETA that you can get pill orgaisers that beep at you - although I am quite good at ignoring that too!

Edited by Ruthi (borrowadog)

I can't honestly say that I've cut out wheat completely but I'm not knowingly eating it, ie I'm not watching the ingredients in everything. I don't eat much bread but I'm going to get some gluten free flour for making my own bread. I use soya milk and soya spread. I'm not really a fan of cheese so don't miss that. I've cut out caffeine, except for the very rare one when in a friends house and I forgot to bring my own tea bag lol.

I really don't want to be dependent on tablets. If I need a cure I'd rather go down the natural/herbal route. I had a chat with the woman in the health shop (who has a great reputation) but she advised me to finish out the tablets and then come back to her.

I'll have a look at the elimination diets. Thanks for tips :flowers:

I'm supposed to stay away from tomatoes also which I will find hard when our own are growing in the greenhouse. I was amazed when I realised how much stuff contained tomatoes. I seem to be ok with pizza or a little bit of ketchup but not so good with say a pasta sauce, so quantity has a lot to do with it.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Alicia :GroupHug: